Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hp for 1000 bucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foff667
well I look at it this way tsp was just having a converter sale...i think ssf 3500 was $469...I ended up getting my pacesetters & ypipe for less than $400 shipped to my door, if he got deals like that all youd really need is a cutout, and yah i got my converter installed by someone for $175...so your talkin a few bucks over, but minimal...look for deals and you can find alot of **** out there so dont till ya try it friend.
Okay, well, $400+$469+$175 is $1,044. And every one of those prices you list would be very difficult to repeat. That is already over as well. Did you get the converter installed with no shift kit, no larger pan, no temp gauge to keep an eye on it, and no transmission cooler? It is considered a MUST to get at the very least a cooler and preferably a shift kit as well. Also, you have to have a programmer or pay for a simple tune to edit shift points and maybe alter/delete torque management. Most people I know would want an aftermarket cat-back to go with their headers as well. Even if he did get those great deals, and was willing to keep factory cat-back and just use a cutout it would still be way over. When I add a cut-out, transmission cooler, and transgo shift kit (which you really should get) I come to over $1,400 and that is w/o counting on what it costs to have the shift kit installed and ignoring the fact that some basic tuning needs to be done.

I have noticed that whenever a $$$ amount is thrown out on these boards, people ALWAYS list things that go over. I've never given a $$$ amount and had responses that I could afford, so they did me zero good.

Off topic--That being said, foff667, I see that you have the TSP 231/237 cam in an A4 with the TCI SSF3500. Did you buy the heads/cam kit with your patriot heads or do them seperate? Does the cam behave alright for daily driving in your A4?

Last edited by blkZ28spt; 05-29-2004 at 03:23 PM.