New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9 sec daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

idk who said they'd never use a supercharger without an intercooler, but i guess you mean a centrifugal superchager system, because i don't know any roots type blowers with intercoolers.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you usually see alot of nitrous or alot of boost...if you have a 9 second car a powerdyne is usually not in the picture.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by iB2slow
dhdenny its camII 110 octane race way and speedway sells it and its usually 5 a gallon
OK, the Amoco in Albany has CamII, but I've never used it obviously because I don't need it. And the Raceway and Speedway in Bowling Green sell it? I did not know that. I was at that Raceway a couple weeks ago coming back from Owensboro and didn't notice. BTW, how much is a dyno tune at TEA? I'm doing a cam swap soon and I need some tuning. I have my own copy of LT1 Edit so I was hoping to squeak by for like $150 with dyno time or something cuz I've spent $250 on a mail order tune (mistake) and then another $300 or $350 on LT1 Edit but I do not know enough to tune it.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bowtiered
idk who said they'd never use a supercharger without an intercooler, but i guess you mean a centrifugal superchager system, because i don't know any roots type blowers with intercoolers.
No?

Ever taken a look at the intercooled MagnaChargers? Example: http://magnacharger.com/gmc5corvetteintercooled.htm

Intercoolers are a little harder to package using a roots or twin screw (especially if you're mounting between the cyl. banks) and it generally ends up being liquid to air, but it's still very common. You will ALWAYS make more power, safely, with a properly designed intercooled system - I stand by my earlier statement.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kckid
crazy stuff does happen but I got a feeling that guy was just blowin it out his butt.

lol lol
Old 05-30-2004, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

im going to wave the bulls**t flag....

Dual power adder cars are EXTREMELY complex to tune correctly from what i hear...the thought of a blown, sprayed 9 second powerplant with a stock shortblock in a daily driver sounds like a bit of a stretch to me....i guess stranger things can happen but some people just love to stretch the truth....
Old 05-30-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

I think its possible, but I'd really have to talk to the guy to wonder if its true.

He's using the juice as his intercooler, as much as a power adder. It's possible, but really on the edge of blowing up any minute.

The biggest question for is, automatic or manual? A quick look under the rear end would tell you a lot too (stock axle or not, what sort of rear suspension stuff). Also you'd think someone who could tune a mid 9 second computer controlled car could check thier own alternator. Probably just wanted to impress the "kids" down at the local auto parts counter.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Crazyquik

The biggest question for is, automatic or manual? A quick look under the rear end would tell you a lot too (stock axle or not, what sort of rear suspension stuff). Also you'd think someone who could tune a mid 9 second computer controlled car could check thier own alternator. Probably just wanted to impress the "kids" down at the local auto parts counter.
good point.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

yeah speedway and raceway both have it its on the far right. hell i thought it was a kerosene pump or some **** but then i see camII. one of the stations says camII and one says racegas i forget which one is which i dont stop there to much there gas is shity.