Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evo,WRX guys - why LS1Tech?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
Yea, there are a handful of people here that own both (and then some). Problem is that after a lot of the "all imports are rice" bullshit, I wouldn't expect much "insight" from them since it generally falls on deaf ears. There is lots of ignorance out there - even here.

So, why do non-LS1 owners visit this site? I would think its a testament to the site's popularity. However, with those additional visits you're going to expose yourself to the full range of knowledge, ego, and bias that comes with any sampling of the population - some good and some bad. Personally, I'd MUCH rather hear from the non-LS1 owner that has some value to add than the LS1 owner who has nothing to add.
Well said.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apathy
Off topic, but what did you do to your headlights to make them stand out like that? Looks very slick. That a kit or something custom?
Those were GTS Probeam headlight covers - they look good in pics but in person they look kind of cheesey. I took them off and sold them as part of my "de-ricing' effort. Still considering the "Whistler" headlight mod in which you paint the headlight itself, which I think looks awesome. Quick search on whistler or smoked headlight mod and you'll see what I'm talkin bout
Old 05-27-2004, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mako22
Still considering the "Whistler" headlight mod in which you paint the headlight itself, which I think looks awesome. Quick search on whistler or smoked headlight mod and you'll see what I'm talkin bout
Yeah, that's pretty sweet too.

I'm thinking ballerina pink. Or maybe lime green.

Woooooooo.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:36 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Everyone is welcome on this site. As someone said earlier, I'd much rather read posts from a mature and helpful non-LS1 owner than posts from a close minded ignorant LS1 owner that is only here to cause trouble for everyone.

Besides, its fun to engage in fun rivalries between vehicle types.

<--- Former Mustang guy, until the LS1 engine came out.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Teching In

I think he posed a good question without trying to start any fights. I have been curious myself as to why other people post here. Not that I mind. I like the variety. I think for the most part we all like cars in general. I like and respect all cars, maybe not all owners though. I wondered if this site was just more popular or bigger than other sites or what. I haven't had time to check out other sites. But I would like to think that I would be welcome on a Mustang or other site as long as I didn't cause trouble. But sometimes the ones that cause trouble are entertaining for a short time. For the people that posted BS, if you re-read his original post I think you will see that he was not trying to start anything, BUT you had to post the BS anyway.

Anyway, I like having people on here with different cars. It's kinda like going to an all Camaro car show. It gets boring quick. I don't need to see virtually the same car 400 times. Shows with all types are much more interesting, as is this site with more diverse people.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Everyone is welcome on this site. As someone said earlier, I'd much rather read posts from a mature and helpful non-LS1 owner than posts from a close minded ignorant LS1 owner that is only here to cause trouble for everyone.

Same here
Old 05-27-2004, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's my man Mako, don't take no ****.
I don't think he was out of line, just curious about something
and know one says you have to open and read every thread.

I actually was drunk one night and was looking at
various boards like some the of WRX, EVO etc...
just to type camaro in the search box and see what I
could find. Honestly I couldn't believe the respect we get.
I thought I'd find a bunch of idiots who got there first fast car.
Basically alot of them consider the LS1 to be the benchmark of
performance. They say you know your fast if you can beat or
at least hang with an LS1. They totally don't know SS's aren't any
faster and refer to them as monsters and beasts.

Now search for LS1 on a Viper board and its disgusting. They have
no respect at all even for Z06. Call them slow girls cars.
Just things I saw one night. Personally I don't have time to look
at all the Fbody boards let alone post an another car's forum but if you
have the time go ahead.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by locosteelersfan
Like I've said, it's the driver, not the car. A civic driver can show you a ton of respect. A fellow f-body can guy be a big ricer. It just depends.

Funny that you mention about the SS's, I thought the same thing before researching them. I thought "Z28...not so fast, SS...very fast." But they're all fast.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZR2877
I know there is one guy on here that owns both a TA and a WRX. Maybe he will post in here. I got a chance to ride in a WRX STI once and I was pretty impressed. Not by acceleration but the handling and braking. I don't have a problem with them posting on LS1tech beacause sometimes I go to the VW site to check it out. I have a few friends over there. One day I passed a VW and he wanted to play. Next thing I know this guy found me on LS1tech and we been hanging out ever since. So they might have friends with LS1s and come on here to chat with them.

On a side note and related as well....

Even though I drive a WS6 and love it and come to this site for tons of info I still visit other sites. I am an avid reader and poster at vwvortex.

Gotta know your competitin and they have allot of info and good reading that is fun.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mako22
Uh, if you remember, all I did was ask a simple question! I'm fairly new to forums in general and was wondering why people without LS1's hung out here. The only people that made a "big deal" out of this were the people who responded defensively and antagonistically towards me.

And after all this, I don't think I saw one reply from an Evo or WRX only member! Another failed thread.
I think it be a legitimate question. And don't take my grammar seriously please!
Old 05-27-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I noticed highpowered car forums usually attract more non-owners.

don't see too many ls1 owners in celica forums however. Just think about how many mustang owners and lt1 enthusiasts (like me) we have here.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by locosteelersfan
I was curiouse so I visited a wrx forum and a poked around a bit. One thread where a person was asking about getting 350Whp got this respone...

Personal opinion: I think 350WHP is over kill for the WRX. Your going to spend a lot of money to get it there and even more money to keep it there. It's much easier and cheaper to upgrade a Camaro or Mustang to achieve those kind of numbers
Old 05-28-2004, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kevin 276
Its because, as much as the evo, wrx, guys do not want to admit it, there is no replacement for displacement!!! Yes, you can make any car go fast, look good, handle good, but really, there is nothing like a fbody rolling down the road with a set of LT's and a big loapy cam... No matter what you do, you can't make a evo or wrx sound like that, even if they are faster...
Right on...displacement is the way to go. I mean, I can dig some of the custom paint jobs, but that damn sound...I don't know how they drive them?! After about 2 minutes of riding around with that annoying buzzing exhaust I would be junking them!

I was filling up at a local gas station with a guy in an import at the pump behind me. He got in his car, hit the gas and the fogger shot out. I just laughed, gunned my TA and let him watch it rock from side to side. He didn't show off again, lol.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

<--- Former Mustang guy, until the LS1 engine came out.
I agree, the rivalry is all in good fun. Glad to hear you switched over to our side, lol.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

that annoying buzzing exhaust

New for Sport Compacts...
The Muffalator "Angry can of bees" cat back exhaust.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hepcatws6
I agree, the rivalry is all in good fun. Glad to hear you switched over to our side, lol.
yep
Old 05-28-2004, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Camaros & Birds also look better. Some look mean, some look meaner. Others look cool. Some look sweet. Some look beautiful. Throw in a high performance V8 and look what you've got. It doesn't matter if one of these performance econoboxes can marginally outperform a 4th gen fbody, I still wouldn't want one. The fbody experience is much more than simple performance.

After 35 years, people still appreciate a 69 Camaro (at least the people I know). Who's going to give a **** about an Evo 20 years from now.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm an fbody man from way back; owned many from the original '67's to the '01 I have now. But after a bit of autoXing lately, I've learned a new respect for WRX/EVO/SRT4 type cars. They are good on a tight twisty track, and the WRX is great on a wet track. They're just a different type of car, not better or worse than a fbody.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I post here even though I don't like an LS1 because

A) I like LS1's
B) I like to broaden my knowledge of cars
C) If I can provide any help, I like to

Sounds kinda cheezy, but I lurk on TONS of forums. Mustang forums, LS1 forums, general camaro forums, general chevy forums, mopar forums, honda forums, DSM forums, everything. I like to have knowledge about pretty much anything that's fast and that interests me.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For me its just about knowing your enemy I guess...Id rather not get caught by suprise in a race because of my ignorance.