Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for an SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 07:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an SS

Hi I'm new to the forum here. I'm in the process of looking for a 98-02 Camaro SS to replace my current ride which is a 94 Corvette convertible. My wife and I had our first child last September. Any new parents out there know how hard it is to find free time, it's not not my daily driver and I bascially don't have many opportunites to drive the car anymore, the carseat does not attach well to the decklid of the vette. (that was a joke, just in case).
I've owned a couple 3rd gen's over the years before buying the vette but I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to 4th gens, specifically the LS1's.
I would like either a 2000 or an 01 SS, either silver or navy blue metallic, maybe black. Are there any years between 98-up which I should avoid ?
Anything in particular I should look out for or be aware of ?
I would be greatful for any tips/advice while shopping around.
thanks.
Also if anyone would like a nice corvette my 94 is for sale and/or trade.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

There is a 2001 SS T-top,pewter Camaro with an A4, SLP package on it.It's owned by a women at work,it has 48000 mi. on it.It's factory stock and very nice.I wanted to buy it but my wife will not let me get another f-body.

The lady is asking $17,000. for it and may take less,it's a sweet looking ride,i fell in love with it.It's located in Seattle,Wa.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:10 AM
Teching In

sounds like exactly what I'm looking for and about what I want to spend. Too bad it's in Washington.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Congrats on the baby. We had our 2nd boy last June, and somehow, miraculously, I was able to convince my wife that I needed to by an SS 2 months ago. Unbeknownst to her, I had been looking for about 6 months, then finally chipped away at her enough to get her blessing.

Anyway, during my search, I came across some cars that made me question whether or not they were true SS's. There ARE clones out there so make sure you know what you're buying. I emailed a guy named Terry Black from SLP Engineering and he was able to tell me whether or not the cars I was looking at were legitimate. He also emailed me a copy of the actual build sheet from SLP, showing all the options that SLP installed. (Not all SS's are equipped the same). If you find a car you like, I would STRONGLY suggest that you email Terry at TBLACK@SLPNJ.COM He will give you lots of good info on the car you're considering. Good luck and happy hunting!
Old 05-27-2004, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Vettn94

First of all congrats on the new baby !!

I'm selling my 2000 Pewter SS, but its an M6, fully loaded !! All I want is someone to take over payments on it. No equity for myself. I just want (need) out of the car payment for now. If you're interested let me know !!

Heres a couple of pics...