Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 newbie

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 newbie

ok so this may seem weird but this will be really weird. I am recently switching from imports to muscle because we got the brilliant idea to turn a junkyard 91 caprice into the ultimate sleeper. we are looking at doing a ls1 twin turbo wil a shot of the ol' nitrous. my question is because we want to be a sleeper what cam and other fun bits should we use to keep it as quiet as possible while offering the best power. we are hoping for 800 hp( with nitrous 600 w/o). I know at full throttle it wont sound stock but by that time Im hoping it would be to late to do anything about it. Any help would be a great help thanks guys
Old 12-19-2014, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by junkyard77
ok so this may seem weird but this will be really weird. I am recently switching from imports to muscle because we got the brilliant idea to turn a junkyard 91 caprice into the ultimate sleeper. we are looking at doing a ls1 twin turbo wil a shot of the ol' nitrous. my question is because we want to be a sleeper what cam and other fun bits should we use to keep it as quiet as possible while offering the best power. we are hoping for 800 hp( with nitrous 600 w/o). I know at full throttle it wont sound stock but by that time Im hoping it would be to late to do anything about it. Any help would be a great help thanks guys
Sounds like a fun project... Hope you never pull up next to me.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

will be easy to get way over your hp goals without an after-market cam if you go with twin turbos tbh. but look into ed curtis, tickperformance, or texas speed. Ask one of those three to spec you a cam based on your goals.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Teching In

A 91 caprice? Lol man Those things are heavy
Old 12-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by compton-z28
A 91 caprice? Lol man Those things are heavy
yeah but its easy to drop under 4k hell the farmtruck in okc was 5k+ with 800hp and was 10's. plus the car was chosen for the fact the only time you see them are if a granny is driving or its on 26's so we wanted to see if it can become a low 10 high 9 with full interior

Quick Reply: ls1 newbie