Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting a 6.0 build and had questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Starting a 6.0 build and had questions

So guys, I am getting a 6.0 block tomorrow with the stock crank and have some questions. The build I had in mind was a standard 6.0 bottom thats been rebuilt with lq9 internals, ls3 or l92 heads, and an lsa top half ( the supercharger obviously) A buddy told me this was complete overkill for a street application that could be daily driven. I mainly like the way the lsa top half looks and thats why I want to use that but that can be changed. I am also well aware of the power that the 6.0 with those heads can do. My question is what internals would be better? I think I kinda know the answer, (if I stick with the charger I should use lq4 parts, if I switch to say a ls3 intake then the lq9 pistons will be better) I dont have any power goals, I just want to build the most reliable powerful motor I can afford (or think I can afford anyway) Also if I go with the proper parts whats the best numbers I can expect? Thanks in advance guys.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I vote forged rods and pistons on the stock crank (370ci), keep the compression close to 9.5:1. Ls3 heads with LSA charger, feed it about 10#'s to start. That should be good for 600hp at the wheels.

Quick Reply: Starting a 6.0 build and had questions