New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to build an LM7

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to build an LM7

Hey, Im currently working on my first truck(1999 Silverado with a 5.3) Im putting a new frame under it and all sorts of things and would like to look into building a motor for it.. So anyhow Ive got my truck and I just bought another truck for the frame and it has the same LM7 5.3 motor. So now Ive got 2 5.3's that way I can put one in the truck for now and have a daily driver and still have a motor to build. So my question is is it possible for me to build one of these 5.3's up to the 500HP+ range with a budget of around 1500? Can anyone give me some examples of what I should put on the motor? I may lack in inexperience but my father is a mastertech, he is the one who suggested looking into building one of my 5.3 motors. Thanks guys, all help and suggestions are much appreciated!
Old 06-21-2015, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Read all you can your on the rite site. browse all over, ton of info on here. turbo good way to go as well. post pics in the works stages. good luck
Old 06-21-2015, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by 76larkman
Read all you can your on the rite site. browse all over, ton of info on here. turbo good way to go as well. post pics in the works stages. good luck
alright thanks, Im trying to decide if I want to go turbo, supercharger or naturally aspirated.. naturally aspirated seems to be the best in terms of price, I dont exactly have 5k to drop into a motor as a 16yr/old

Quick Reply: Looking to build an LM7