Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lot's of noob ?'s Help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 06:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lot's of noob ?'s Help please

I have a 74 nova i can get with most of the parts to make it look more like a 70 but the tail panel which has already been removed for 800! I can get a 6.0 assuming lq4 think it's 02 block for about 100...the head may have a accessory hole pulled out so prob need new heads...no intake or manifolds. I can get a 4l80e out of my dads 91 van for 250 thats been rebuilt to stock specs or he has a LT1 t56 i could convert that would cost quite a bit more and the conversion is expensive! My Question is could i pick up some of these pistons http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLP-H1129CT75MM/ overhaul with rod and head bolts. Nice cam LS6 or 799 heads and make good power! ...this is the biggest part though! I want a non mild but streetable daily driver. I like the old school rumble some of the ls motors are lacking to me! I also dont wanna get 12-13 mpg i wanna have respectable mileage so i could drive the car as my only car! Also take on 4 plus hour trips to the beach once a year! What I'm asking is a suggestions, I cant afford a 6speed and fuel injection but i could maybe afford either or. So would you 370lsx Carb & T56, or 370lsx EFI and 4l80e. One side the extra parts for the t56 and carb bothers me, the other expensive intakes & hptuners is 650...with hptuners after you license the car can u tune that one car as much as you want just not any more ecu's until u register a new one with new credits! Is Hp Tuners it for a NA setup nothing any cheaper? Looking for the least headaches with the best outcome for MPG and Performance at the same time if that isnt a dumb statement lol
Old 07-08-2015, 06:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

That's a lot of questions...and run on sentences.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
That's a lot of questions...and run on sentences.
yea sorry i hate to write that's why i never post lol! Sorry about that! I'll just delete it if it's unreadable! I might also add i'm mentally disabled so away from the fact i cannot write i think i manage pretty well lol!

Last edited by Crazyb434; 07-08-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will tackle 1 part for you... hp tuners is $500 for the standard interface and $650 for the "pro" version which has a faster data sampling rate and the ability to wire in inputs into your scan data stream such as wideband o2 sensor.

hp tuners comes with 8 credits and typically takes only 2 credits to tune most vehicles as long as you aren't adding any enhancements like speed density tuning or running boost and need to upgrade to 2 or 3 bar tune.

With a swap you may have to open up the year instead of single vehicle license haven't done any so you will need to investigate that....

There is a steep learning curve to using hp tuners effectively but you can also use it to scan your tune , e mail it to your chosen tuner to modify then flash the new tune in your vehicle as well as send them scans/data logs to tweak the tune into accuracy ( easiest to accomplish with a wideband adding accurate fueling data into the scans via the pro models inputs or wired in through alternate methods like ac or egr.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by murphinator
I will tackle 1 part for you... hp tuners is $500 for the standard interface and $650 for the "pro" version which has a faster data sampling rate and the ability to wire in inputs into your scan data stream such as wideband o2 sensor.

hp tuners comes with 8 credits and typically takes only 2 credits to tune most vehicles as long as you aren't adding any enhancements like speed density tuning or running boost and need to upgrade to 2 or 3 bar tune.

With a swap you may have to open up the year instead of single vehicle license haven't done any so you will need to investigate that....

There is a steep learning curve to using hp tuners effectively but you can also use it to scan your tune , e mail it to your chosen tuner to modify then flash the new tune in your vehicle as well as send them scans/data logs to tweak the tune into accuracy ( easiest to accomplish with a wideband adding accurate fueling data into the scans via the pro models inputs or wired in through alternate methods like ac or egr.
Hey thanks! I was wondering if you had to pay for every update to the tune on that ecu! Thanks a lot for the info.

My dad also has a ls1 with 90k miles no intake accessories harness is only partly there i can get for about $800. Going back and forth between that and the 6.0.
I would just like to hit 425-450 rwhp at least the more the better but still be able to daily drive.
I really want the 6.0 and know it will cost more because of the added expense of the shortblock and buying the heads.
Also kinda wanna keep it efi unless someone convinces me the mpg isn't that big of a trade off then the carb would be easier.
Just wanna have everything planned and not having to switch trans or engines or anything to stop me from completing it.

There will always be hang ups and plenty you don't account for,
I'm just trying to get a fair estimate of the parts even as much nickel and dime stuff.
Also trying to figure out some things i cant seem to find on the search bar.

Really appreciate u taking the time to explain Hptuners to me! Thanks again for you're reply!

Last edited by Crazyb434; 07-09-2015 at 01:35 AM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: Lot's of noob ?'s Help please