New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0300

Old 08-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question P0300

Well I got the dreaded P0300 code, I have a 2001 WS6 m6, has slp lid ,long tubes,no cats. Car was running fine went to a cruise in, when I started it back up to leave it had a mis to it. I have replaced the plugs and wires,and also a bad o2 sensor. Car still has mis in it. The 4 plugs on the driver's side was **** black and the 4 on the passenger side was white and looked normal. Any ideas what my problem could be??? Thx Wayne
Old 08-31-2015, 06:13 PM
Teching In

wow i cant believe this post has had 183 views and not the first reply!!!!! i thought this forum was to help people who have problems with there ls powered vehicle??? thx for nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2015, 07:58 AM
Lup
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Assuming the plugs and wires are all good since they are new, I'd look at fuel related issues.
What's the fuel pressure?
Any reason to believe it's bad gas? water in gas? Take a sample
I would also recommend a good fuel injection cleaning. Not the cleaner you dump into the tank, but one you put into the fuel rail. We used this when I was at the dealer. Or find a shop that has one similar to this https://www.otctools.com/products/fu...cleaning-kit-0

If a single coil was going bad, I would expect to see a P0301 to P0308 code. But it doesn't appear you have those codes

Is there no other check engine codes?

--Kyle
Old 09-09-2015, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Default We help those who help themselves

I believe this forum is for those who help themselves. Asking for help then getting mad when someone didn't answer is backwards. Most people on here won't answer posts that ask questions that should have been researched first. A simple search of p0300 would tell you that it means random cylinder miss fire. I doubt your o2 sensor was bad, or that you needed to change your plugs/wires. You need to smoke the engine for vacuum leaks.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:57 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,462 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Further scanning is in order. If the problem is fouled plugs on the driver's side only, and all four of them, then you can isolate the issue to the ignition or fueling on that side of the engine. I'd scan the LTFT (long term fuel trims) on that bank and see what's happening. Also scan for cylinder specific misfires on #'s 1/3/5/7. Check wiring at the coil pack rail to make sure there is no loose or weak connection. Is this the same side that has the replacement O2 sensor?
Old 09-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Teching In

the 02 sensor was the problem the new one was bad
Old 09-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by amfs1950f-1
I believe this forum is for those who help themselves. Asking for help then getting mad when someone didn't answer is backwards. Most people on here won't answer posts that ask questions that should have been researched first. A simple search of p0300 would tell you that it means random cylinder miss fire. I doubt your o2 sensor was bad, or that you needed to change your plugs/wires. You need to smoke the engine for vacuum leaks.
i researched the code and i tried a few things before posting and, had the same results!!! so i then turned to the forum for help ad opinions!!!im not mad about anything MR AMFS1950, just shocked with so many views andnobody had any ideas for me to try!!!!
Old 09-11-2015, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Glad to hear I was jumping to conclusions. It sucks running into a faulty parts, which seems to happen more often than it should. I've gotten to the point to test new parts before I install. I hope your issue is solved for good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P0300