Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS power combos

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS power combos

Looking for insight on proven LS combos using stock components for those of us on a budget.

For instance, I have seen some articles illustrating junkyard finds such as the LQ4 LQ9 with LS6 heads, intake and cam. I am searching for such combos just in case I come across some finds over the internet in or in a pick in pull to replace the old school 5.7 vortc out of my 98 and step to a LS based platform on a budget of course.

Anyone know of any good sources here in AZ? Phx Motors sent me to a guy on 51 and thunderbird and quoted me 25k just to put one in not including rebuilding, electrical, fuel or tune.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-19-2015, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Have you checked out Thompson Motorsports? I went with them for my LQ9 and am very happy. Combined with my inexpensive PRC 5.3 heads it runs strong for what it is
Old 10-17-2015, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have recently became the new owner of a 1999 firebird formula with an low millge .

I have heard tales of you guys being able to do simple cam and head changes too the ls1 engines and other things that will ultimately boost my horse power to over 900 hp at the rear wheels .tell me what i need to do for ultimate hp ,reprograming,with a small niitrous shot ,what kind of intake do i need to replace my plastic intake,and how to ultimate stick the rear wheels and tires for perfect take off with out sspin ,and what add ons i need to purchase to make my formula the fastest street car in town literally.
Chevy darsey @ gmail dot come car has 32000k mies on it and. Is the most power stock car i ever owned.its not adaily driver

Quick Reply: LS power combos