Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAT - Negative Temp??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAT - Negative Temp??

I have a 2009 G8GT, KN Intake, headers and full exhaust, and tune. the car has been with the set up for years and has ran great.

It currently surges at idle between 500 and 1200 rpm and it has some hesitation while driving.

Check engine light is on with code P0068 MAP/MAF - Throttle Position Correlation

I have a INNOVA code reader that also shows live data.I just getting into looking at sensor reading and live data so i'm not sure what's normal and whats not, but i did notice something that looked odd to me.

I notice that for quite a while when i first start the car the IAT reads negative temperatures (-13 def F) after a while (,maybe 20 minutes) it goes to the correct temperature but the car still runs about the same. My IAT sensor is in the MAF meter.

I also noticed that while the map sensor appears to be reading correctly, the live data shows BARO (inhg) and it is consistently at 30.1. Is this normal??

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Old 12-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Teching In

ok well the baro pressure of 30.1 inhg that i'm seeing on the reader must just be the outdoor air pressure, which converts to 14.7 psi. so that is insignificant. So what would cause negative IAT? Which eventually read the correct temperature, so its intermittent. A bad MAF or something else? I'd hate to just start changing parts.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The IAT sensor should not be reading a negative value unless you are in subzero air. There is something wrong with that sensor. Have you tried cleaning the MAF meter? Has the MAF been de-screened and ran without a filter?

Are any of the other sensors not reading properly?

Last edited by R_trim 93GT; 12-07-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Quick Reply: IAT - Negative Temp??