New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Critique/Prioritize my first round of mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a baseline first. I have seen stock M6s run high 12's. Only mods were Drag radials.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
The BMR lowering springs and adjustable panhard bar will definitely get the stance of the care where you want to be!
Springs and PHB ordered, thank you Kyle and Allan.

I was able to find Bilstein shocks and struts through one of my work suppliers and they showed up today as well, off to a good start.
Attached Thumbnails Critique/Prioritize my first round of mods-rear-panel.jpg   Critique/Prioritize my first round of mods-img_4873.jpg  
Old 12-30-2015, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You can see the list of mods in my signature, and with that said, the BEST mods I ever did to the car were the MGW shifter, Monster Stage 3 clutch with Tick hydraulics, and the Viking coilover shocks.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
You can see the list of mods in my signature, and with that said, the BEST mods I ever did to the car were the MGW shifter, Monster Stage 3 clutch with Tick hydraulics, and the Viking coilover shocks.
I thought long and hard about coilovers VS lowering springs and good shocks, but it all boils down to cost, keep in mind i have to deal with exchange rate of the Canadian dollar, and also what i can get through my local suppliers through work vs what i have to pay for out of pocket so the lowering springs won that battle. I did some searching on the MGW and Pro 5.0 shifter and didn really find much wrong with either, there lots of fan boys for each but both seem to do there job well, so that boiled down to aesthetics and the reuse of my crome hurst short stick, so the 5.0 is gonna win this round.

At the end of the day im building a fun performance car, they may see some strip duty but will never be a dedicated drag car.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't forget the LCA relocation brackets if your gonna lower, to plant the power. Other than that your limited mod list should be easy mid-lower 12's.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ragtopz28
Don't forget the LCA relocation brackets if your gonna lower, to plant the power. Other than that your limited mod list should be easy mid-lower 12's.
Not to worry, there on the wish list
Old 01-04-2016, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TheeCamaroKid
I thought long and hard about coilovers VS lowering springs and good shocks, but it all boils down to cost, keep in mind i have to deal with exchange rate of the Canadian dollar, and also what i can get through my local suppliers through work vs what i have to pay for out of pocket so the lowering springs won that battle. I did some searching on the MGW and Pro 5.0 shifter and didn really find much wrong with either, there lots of fan boys for each but both seem to do there job well, so that boiled down to aesthetics and the reuse of my crome hurst short stick, so the 5.0 is gonna win this round.

At the end of the day im building a fun performance car, they may see some strip duty but will never be a dedicated drag car.
Coilovers are cool if you want to play with the height of your car, but I'm guessing you'll be more than happy with the performance and the stance from the BMR springs.

Quick Reply: Critique/Prioritize my first round of mods