New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stalling after high RPM

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling after high RPM

My dad recently passed away. I bought his '00 SS Camaro rally cross car. Everytime I drive it it stalls at idle after a period of high rpm. I know it has a cam and is tuned. I wish I could paint a better picture for you guys but honestly him and I weren't real close and he was secretive about the mods he did to his car. It has 71,000 miles and has exhaust and air intake mods. What could cause this? A general direction to work towards in finding a solution will even be appreciated.
Thanks
-newb Walt
Old 01-14-2016, 07:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tune most likely needs to be touched up. The problem you describe sounds like more air needs to be added to the throttle follower tables or the airflow decay rate in those tables needs to be dialed back a bit.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I've come to a similar conclusion talking to a few other f-body guys. One of them told me my father was playing with his fuel/air ratio not long before he died. Can I get just this tuned or do I go all out and pay $400+ for the full tune and dyno?
Old 01-14-2016, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best way to go is a dyno tune. That way your A/F ratio can be dialed in perfectly. Without owning your own tuning software that is the best way to go.

Quick Reply: Stalling after high RPM