Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

24,000 mile service

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24,000 mile service

Thats the letter I got in the mail today from my local chevy dealer about my car. No chance in hell I'm gonna pay them to do whatever it is, but the problem is, what is done at the 24,000 service. I've already changed out my fuel filter at 18,000, rotated my tires to at 18,000. Now if the 24,000 service is changing my flux compasitor, then I'll take it in, but other wise I'd love to keep the money in my pocket an not theres.

So if anyone know whats involved, please let me know.

Oh yeah my car only has 21,000 on its clock now.

Pork
Old 06-13-2004, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I do my own service, and I've got 24,000 miles right now. I change all my fluids often (don't forget power steering, tranny, diff), have clean air and fuel filters, lubricate my bushings, chassis, u-joints, endlinks (the source of much mysterious squeaking in some cases), and the door hinges and latches. Besides this and rotating tires, I wouldn't be too concerned. Just stay in tune (mentally) with what is going on with your car, get under it and check out the chassis often (I actually wash the underside of my car with car wash soap, and keep your eyes and ears keen.

More than anything, I am convinced that the most important factor in the longevity of your Camaro is how well you treat the car. I've seen morons with beat up interiors, broken plastic pieces, hesitant acceleration, loud and pulsating brakes, and horrible paint after 15,000 miles. Then again, my leather looks brand new, along with my engine compartment and everything else. I warm the thing up too--and remember that the engine is the first thing that warms up each time you drive, take it easy for a few miles and don't speed until the tranny, brakes, steering, and diff are ready.

These ain't BMWs, I wouldn't trade my Camaro, but I realize the amount of maintenance needed to keep these cars in top shape.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:57 PM

Rotate tires, Change oil, check ****, charge customer mega $$$$.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:25 AM
TECH Regular

I agree with APeteSS. Save yourself a shitpot of cash and do it yourself. Your owners manual might also tell you what services are required at 24,000 miles
Old 06-14-2004, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the help guys. I can't see paying them for that kind of stuff. Looks like I got a weekend planned