Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drift with a z28 LS1???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 07:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok ok i'll lay off....
but being seriouse... its kind of a bias crowd.. i mean how many f-body drifters are there? how bout gto's? i have seen one gto and no fbodys...
and while i can respect him for asking questions how did he think tha answers would be here? (as to the numbers of fbody and gto drifters again these are the ones I have heard of... doesn't mean there not there...)
most of us drag race
we can help him find traction.... but perposly losing traction is forien to most drag racers except during burnout....

i guess he could install a line lock , press the brake only half way and engadge it so he could practice drifting at a slower speed and just build up till he can go all out....
Old 06-29-2004, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL drifting stfu drifters are gay........ricers are gay........imports are gay need i say more??
Old 06-30-2004, 06:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I watched a drifting event while in Japan and it was pretty cool. Having said that, I don't consider it a sport... Hell, I've been "drifting" since I was a teenager, but we used to call it "power-sliding". I think the keys to a good drift are strong, linear power-curve and a pretty balanced (slightly nose-heavy) car. That sounds pretty much like a F-body to me... My old 1989 Formula was very controllable while power-sliding.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:11 AM
pmh
On The Tree

My main issue with it is the stylee points. Any sport that you win that way is extremely political and the best doesn't always win. It's really more of a contest then a sport.

PMH
Old 06-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Launching!

I would like to see a f-body drift, and some people would like to try it - but some people are hesitant to try it for fear of being made fun of.

as RACERS set these guys up in a road race with simularly set up cars on a road course with your average f-1 driver, or indy, or nascar.... THAT would be hilariouse...
rhys millen: Legendary Rally driver now factory Pontiac for FD this year.

ryan hampton: Former Le Mans, Former Infinti Pro Series, Former SCCA World Challenge, Indy Cars

samuel hubinette, and other famous drivers - who are well known and respected.

If it is so easy for some of you, show up at some of the events and take home some money. We got $500 plus tires and extra stuff for winning one event.

It's much harder to do than many of you know, requires a lot of car control. Hell, i can't do it very well - that's why a friend is driving my car at events (he has a lot more autocross and track day experience).

more info about us:
http://www.z28evans.com/Drifting.htm

photos of our car:
http://www.z28evans.com/media.htm

as far as the scoring - it has rules, and once you understand them you realize it is a lot more fair and subjective than you realize. If you're new and just watch an event you probably do not realize how it is scored.

Quick Reply: drift with a z28 LS1???