Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

height issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default height issue

Small problem here guys, My car is riding lower on the passenger side of the car. Front only, not back. Ill tell ya how it happened: I took a left onto a divided highway (meaning I had to cross a median) and I guess I had too much pedal in it or somethin, but I went through a patch of sand and the back end (being as light as it is in these cars) flies out to the side, and basically comes all the way around. Well that "conviently" points me at the median (which in this case is a grassy, gravel ditch sort of median, not real deep, but there is a decent drop off from pavement to the ground prolly 6inches - 8inches), by this time I have probably 25 or so mph built up since starting to cross the highway, and my ASR (traction control, I HATE traction control) kicks in. When ASR kicks in, it regains traction instantly by reducing throttle. So i once again have traction but now im pointed at the median/ditch; the rest is history... REALLY SHITTY HISTORY!! ohh, the passenger side front tire / radiator bracket were the main impact area.

I fixed all the damage I could find, by replacing the front end, the radiator,the radiator bracket (fixed), the condenser, and the foglight on the passenger side of the car.

I drove my car for the first time tonight and it drives, tracks, rides, steers, accelerates, and brakes completely normally. BUT the passenger side front end, basically the suspension area concerning the front passenger side tire is damaged or altered in some way in order to produce the affect of the passenger side front fender to be a 1/2inch lower than the driver side front fender. Keep in mind, nothin to serious could be wrong because it still drives very firm, it goes straight (without me holding the wheel) when accelerating and braking.

HERES MY QUESTIONS:
I realize this willl just be a guess, but what do you think may have been damage in order to make my car lower on that side? Is there anyway that I can somehow do something with the front passenger side spring (I know you can alter the spring to lower the car) to raise it a 1/2inch. I know that dosent sound like a big difference, but I can notice it, and it bugs the hell out of me! - Im a perfectionist when it comes to my car!

Any thoughts on whats wrong, and/or what i can do to fix it would be great! I know that there's not a ton of info to help ya come to any conclusion, but any help would be a life saver, even if it is just a temporary solution.Thanks in advance!