New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Camaro z28 goodies?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Camaro z28 goodies?

I am from St. Louis , Mo. I just bought a 2000 Camaro z28 and I'm looking to add a few goodies , heads/cam/exhaust/bolt ons but I don't know where to start. Any ideas or advice would be great ! I was mainly looking to go electric cutouts so I could be loud when I wanted and quiet when needed . Well not quiet but you know what I mean.
Thanks in advance
Old 10-03-2016, 02:31 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the site. A nice way to start would be headers, exhaust, airlid, and tune. These changes will make a nice difference, and are important supporting modifications for upgrades such as an aftermarket camshaft, and ported cylinder heads.

Aaron @ Scoggin Dickey Parts Center
Email:Aaron387@sdparts.com
Phone: 1-800-456-0211 Ext: 324
Old 10-04-2016, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it were me, I'd give Texas Speed a call and they can put you together a nice combo. I'd say they are one of the best all around price vs power imo. Of course you can spend more money and have someone like Tony Mammo, Advanced induction, etc... do their head porting/valve job, intake porting, custom cam, etc... and make some more power.

But you can get a great combo that works without having to break the bank. You can look over to the right side of the page and give some of those vendors a call and they will be happy to help you in the direction you want to go. Electric cutouts are nice to have and I like being able to hit the switch whenever I want.

Good luck and welcome to the site. Maybe we'll get to line up next to each other at Gateway some time

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro z28 goodies?