New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help my Lifter dropped half way!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 06:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help my Lifter dropped half way!!

I’m a first timer so please help me out.. so I was installing my cam and it kept getting stuck half way, so I took a pic and I see something hanging a little low and it looks like my lifter came half way down. PLEASE HELP ME OUT WHAT SHOU I DO???? As you can see it’s hanging
It’s stopping me from completing my cam installation please help anyone
Old 03-04-2018, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

you are narrowly avoiding disaster here, usually when doing a cam you put a dowel in the oil pump main galley to keep the lifters in place, at this point you need to get a wooden dowel and try to stick it in there and push the lifter pack into place, just pray it does not fall all the way out.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I did the dowel pin 5/16 method but it still came down half way don’t know why. So I improvise and got a plastics stick and bent the corner and push the lifter back up and had my bud stick a magnet in lifter number 6 to hold it up, After that I installed my cam and thankfully it went in after 5 f****** hours of trying to get those lifters up.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I feel your pain. I did heads and cam swap. Told myself a thousand times not to forget to take the lifters out before the cam. What do I do? Take the cam out first. The back 4 lifters dropped and tinged around and I face palmed myself. Took me and a friend a total of ten hours to fish them out telescoping and flexible magnet sticks.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I have done cam swaps both with and without using dowels. Needless to say I will never do another without dowels.