New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 camaro no fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018 | 10:53 PM
Teching In

Default 98 camaro no fuel pressure

I got a brand new pump from Delphi and I cleaned my lines out and made sure nothing was kinked up or bent and then cleaned my fuel rails and injectors and brand new fuel filter and replaced that fuel injector dampener or regulator thing on the fuel rail and pump comes on but I'm getting no pressure at the fuel rails. It seems like im getting good pressure after the filter when I took it off and turned key on. Can someone help me?
Old 04-03-2018 | 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

98's have a fuel pressure regulator in the pump assembly. I would replace that and see if it solves your issue. Also check the stock hose in the fuel pump assembly for cracks as it can get brittle.
Old 04-03-2018 | 12:28 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
98's have a fuel pressure regulator in the pump assembly. I would replace that and see if it solves your issue. Also check the stock hose in the fuel pump assembly for cracks as it can get brittle.
I don't believe that Delphi sells the pump by itself, so I think what he meant by installing a new "pump" was actually a new module/assembly (which would have already come with a new FPR).
Old 04-03-2018 | 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just had a new pump and FPR installed with new filter myself from a shop, and after he put everything back together in the shop... my fuel pressure dropped because of the thin O-ring on the FPR. You could hear the fuel pump spraying fuel in the tank like a water fall everytime you primed it. He put a thicker O-ring on it and I've been good to go. Perfect start up, perfect prime/crank/idle/shutoff pressure.
Old 04-29-2018 | 10:45 AM
Teching In

Have you taken the line of at the fuel rail and checked if you are getting pressure up to the rail?