Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Balanced Rotating Assembly?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balanced Rotating Assembly?

Putting together a new 5.3L with all new parts. If the crank comes internally balanced and the rods and pistons all come in weight matched sets, do I need to pay a machine shop to balance my rotating assembly? Shouldn't it all be essentially balanced after I put it all together?

Thanks
Old 08-03-2018, 10:16 AM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by RegalJAM
Putting together a new 5.3L with all new parts. If the crank comes internally balanced and the rods and pistons all come in weight matched sets, do I need to pay a machine shop to balance my rotating assembly? Shouldn't it all be essentially balanced after I put it all together?

Thanks
If the crank was already balanced for the rods, pistons, pins, rings, andnbearings that you’re using, then no. It shouldn’t jeed to be rebalanced.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The crank was balanced individually by the manufacturer. The pistons were weight matched by themselves by the manufacturer. The rods were weight matched by themselves by the manufacturer. If my rings weigh out as all the same why do I need to pay to have the rotating assembly balanced together as a unit?

Thanks
Old 08-03-2018, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

You don't have to do anything but you have paid to get the whole rotating assembly weighing the same, why not calculate the Bob weight and make sure the assembly will be balanced..

Quick Reply: Balanced Rotating Assembly?