New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LM7 Build Up (Injector Help)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LM7 Build Up (Injector Help)

New here! Starting from the bottom: I've got a 2002 Yukon XL with a bone stock LM7 that I'm putting together a plan for to build it up. I've already got a high-lift cam from a LS1 Camaro. Everything else has to be bought. Plan is that cam, AMS valve spring kit, new OE equivalent lifters, TBSS intake, Ebay 92mm throttle body, and injectors. The primary question I have here is with the injectors. There are rebuilt units on Ebay for $100 that are 24lb/hr 4 hole upgrades that I want would want to try out before I build up the engine. Would those be good enough or should I go for 8.1L injectors and would those be a direct fit? Any other suggestions would be great, but keep in mind this is a budget budget build. Thanks!
Old 12-05-2018, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kasaru
New here! Starting from the bottom: I've got a 2002 Yukon XL with a bone stock LM7 that I'm putting together a plan for to build it up. I've already got a high-lift cam from a LS1 Camaro. Everything else has to be bought. Plan is that cam, AMS valve spring kit, new OE equivalent lifters, TBSS intake, Ebay 92mm throttle body, and injectors. The primary question I have here is with the injectors. There are rebuilt units on Ebay for $100 that are 24lb/hr 4 hole upgrades that I want would want to try out before I build up the engine. Would those be good enough or should I go for 8.1L injectors and would those be a direct fit? Any other suggestions would be great, but keep in mind this is a budget budget build. Thanks!

When you say 'high lift from a ls1 camaro' do you mean the stock camshaft? Because its not very high lift....specs would help tell what kind of power and, by proxy fuel.

Id assume your stock injectors would be more than enough for just a cam setup anyway...

Im pretty sure youve already got at least 26lb fuel injectors stock. if your flex fuel i think its 36lb.

8.1 injectors are only 30lb. Unless you could get them really cheap i dont see a reason to buy them as opposed to some brand new 36-42lb ones that would be more than enough for a while.

Old 12-05-2018, 11:12 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 244 Likes on 186 Posts

Stop using ebay. its cheap for a reason. especially for injectors. they are a gamble.

But honestly the stock inj will handle quite a bit in a truck due to the 5.3l having less cid and not revving as high as it "normally" would using a truck intake even in a truck application.