New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What causes an o2 sensor to go out?

Old 07-10-2004, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What causes an o2 sensor to go out?

I have hooker longtubes on my car. I have to stock 46k mile o2 sensor in the passenger side header. But on the driver side its been through at least 4. I had a new one put in yesterday and the codes cleared and today the ses light came back on. They put a tech 2 scanner on it and the passanger side was fluxuating between 400-600 (if i remember correctly) but the driver side started at about 100 then dropped to 0-4 then we took it for a ride and it started to operate in a normal range. Why do I have to keep putting o2 sensors on the driver side but the passenger side is the original one that came with the car. There are also o2 extenders on the car so the wires aren't cut and spliced. The headers are also uncoated.

Last edited by SheDevlLS1; 07-10-2004 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SheDevlLS1
I have hooker longtubes on my car. I have to stock 46k mile o2 sensor in the passenger side header. But on the driver side its been through at least 4. I had a new one put in yesterday and the codes cleared and today the ses light came back on. They put a tech 2 scanner on it and the passanger side was fluxuating between 400-600 (if i remember correctly) but the driver side started at about 100 then dropped to 0-4 then we took it for a ride and it started to operate in a normal range. Why do I have to keep putting o2 sensors on the driver side but the passenger side is the original one that came with the car. There are also o2 extenders on the car so the wires aren't cut and spliced. The headers are also uncoated.
Good question. TTT. I think mine got fried because I did not have it screwed in tight enough, and it got loose and air got in. I think. I read somewhere that would kill one.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I fucked one up by twisting the cord at the sensor end. They are more fragile than you may think.

Search this Thread