Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leaky t-tops

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ~RedLineLs1~
My car NEVER gets wet on the inside when it rains...I get some drops on the seat when i wash the car though. And i thought mine was bad

Same here
Old 07-18-2004, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

02 Hawk, could you explain how to adjust the window?
Old 07-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Off the top of my head..........take the door panel off, and look towards the upper back end of the door. You're looking for a nut that mounts the regulator. The stud it holds has a place to put an allen head wrench in. What you do (to move the top of the window towards or away from the weatherstripping) is loosen the nut, then turn the stud. If memory serves, clockwise pulls the window away, and counterclockwise moves it in. You'll have to experiment with it and makes sure my memory hasn't failed Tighten the nut and then shut the door. Test it for leaks and windnoises. There are sooooo many adjustments you can make to these windows, it isn't even funny (or right...talk about a headache when you have to work on them all the time ). Best advice I can offer is just play around with the adjustments and see what happens. Good luck, and PM me if you need any more help.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've found my windows leak right in the middle area of the ttops... but only when I goto a bay car wash....

I'd freak if it was leaking that bad. Put it on a frame machine then weld the sfcs in.

I also saw a TV show (on speed channel i think) where the guy used a weatherstripping build up tape that was placed behind the strip to create a tighter fit.

02hawk502's method sounds a little better though.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:58 PM

Mine leak at the top of the A-pillar.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:26 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks 02Hawk, I'll give it a shot. I get a tiny dribble of water inside the passenger side window when I wash the car. It only does that when water is sprayed under pressure with a hose.

Thanks again.