New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won't start with out pressing gas

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't start with out pressing gas

Bought a 81 c10. Has a 5.3 from a 2000 Silverado in it. Has 102mm throttle bod, after market ls3 intake headers dual exhaust. Well after figuring out the fuel system was hooked up wrong and all of the injectors were not in the holes all the way ant the intake was leaking at it gaskets. I fixed all of this checked fuel pressure it's at 55psi and cannot find any more vac leaks. But still won't start with out pressing gas a d keeping it running for a bit. Then i can shut it off and start it and it chugs for a sec then recovers and it fine. I'm new to this game any help is greatly appreciated. Oh also I noticed the heads are cathedral port and the intake is rectangle. Thanks in advance
Old 01-31-2020, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 222 Likes on 198 Posts

you are waisting your time with that intake,go get a cathedral intake and sell the 102 TB, definitely no good on a 5.3l.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

A LS6 intake or the new Dorman LS2 intake are good choices for budget builds, The 5.3 and the LS3 intake are kinda like drinking out of a fire hose. If you want more umph send your 706/862 heads to Texas Speed and let them rework them for you....

Quick Reply: Won't start with out pressing gas