Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back in the game, bought a 2001 SS A4

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
In the interest of sharing even more knowledge, I noticed that your previous F-body was an M6 car. So it makes sense that you'd be worried about the rear end as an early upgrade. But, just to make you aware, the rear isn't such an issue with the A4 cars as long as you can keep wheel hop under control. Mine never even flinched at 1.6 60-foots for season after season, that was on DRs with a 3500 stall and bolt-ons plus a cam. It's actually quite shocking how much abuse the 7.5" can take behind an A4. Here's a great thread with lots of data on the longevity and durability difference of the stock 10-bolt in A4 vs. M6 applications, you may find this interesting:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axl...ock-7-5-a.html
My old 7.5 blew the spider gears out going right at a stoplight with a mostly stock engine and A4. Wasn't even racing or trying to go fast. Swapped it with a used Moser 9 inch for $1500 and never worried about it again. But I'm glad you guys have had better luck!

OP, good to see someone getting back into an F-body. I have really had the itch lately to buy another one (spring coming?) and it's getting hard to find one that's not trashed for under $6K. I like your blue SS. My old Z28 was red with black stripes but I wouldn't mind having one that is less flashy.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

We finally had one good day of weather on Sunday....I need to take a few more pics but a BIG thanks to Ws6store....drives like a brand new car, and with the SLP dual/dual its ridiculously quiet compared to my '98 with true duals....i love it......the Koni Str.t are better IMO than the Bilsteins, the ride is slightly less firm but the car feels glued to the road......UMI did a good job on the springs, low enough to tell its not stock at first glance, but no real concerns of scraping.....i usually trim about 1/3 coil off the front springs (some of the BMR's and Eibach's I've installed), but with these i did not.....i think the stance is tough and there's still plenty of room for the suspension to travel.

next on the list is removing the old worn out window tint.....im sure that will be a blast.....I've been told a clothing steamer makes this a piece of cake but im a bit skeptical lol....we'll see

more pics of the brake pad/rotor upgrade soon

Last edited by jc98ss; 03-05-2020 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Quick Reply: Back in the game, bought a 2001 SS A4