Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catch can lines backwards?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 12:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Catch can lines backwards?

I have been looking at catch cans and have decided to do one. I looked at my friends whitch he made himself for a little over $10 and decided to do that considering its the same as the ones that cost $80.

My questions is that he has his lines run backwards compared to how i have seen most people who use the amw catch can.

His pcv runs in from the botton then the top hose goes to the intake. Seems to make sense to me considering that if the oil was coming in from the top it would let some get back into the bottom hose.

Obviously there is a reason that amw did it the opposite way, what is it?

Also has anyone seen a drop on oil pressure because of this. I have done it yet but i was wondering if it did drop the pressure a little bit.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The AMW catch can has a wire mesh type of material to pick up any large debris that may have gotten sucked in through the pcv. The lid (part where the hose goes in) protrudes into the catch can about 2 inches, and the hose that goes back to the intake is about 1 inch higher than the lowest point of the wire mesh. In other words, the oil does not get sucked back in through the hose going to the intake since the oil falls below the intake hose. You have to see the inside of the AMW catch can to make sense of what I just typed out. With that said, the AMW can is worth every penny.

Quick Reply: Catch can lines backwards?