Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Z28 A4 Running extremely rough out of nowhere

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Z28 A4 Running extremely rough out of nowhere

I just bought the car about a month and a half ago. slp lid and 3in borla exhaust other than that stock. I was driving home from work a few days ago and lose power steering. As soon as I felt it go out my check guage light comes on my voltage is basically dead. My accessory belt came off. I went and bought a new tensioner and but couldn't get the belt til the following day. I parked the Camaro and drove my truck to work. While I was at work my little brother took it upon himself to "fix" my car. I figured it's just 2 bolts and a belt. Well last night I'm driving home and my car starts squeaking. I head home taking it easy. Before I get home the squeaking has almost turned into a squeal. I get about a half mile from my driveway and the steering wheel is tough to turn but I still had power steering then my car starts grinding like I could feel it throughout the entire car. My car also sounded extremely muffled. When I got home i popped the hood and saw that the new belt was frayed on the outer edge facing the front of car so I go to take it back to the parts store the guy goes to get me another belt then comes back n says that the belt I brought in wasn't right belt. It turned out to be shorter. When I took it off the car is was super tight like had to pry it off the tensioner tight.

Quick Reply: 2000 Z28 A4 Running extremely rough out of nowhere