New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Intake swap to LS1 Throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2022 | 08:29 PM
Teching In

Default LS6 Intake swap to LS1 Throttle body?

Don't hate me im still new to all this LS stuff lol. I've looked through a bunch of threads on the LS6 Intake swap. I have one laying around so I figured why not. From that research, I have decided I want to keep the 4 port steam kit and only remove as much material as needed for that. Any other mods I should be aware of since the threads I were looking at were pretty old?? My main question I couldn't find the answer to is what throttle body should be used on it? Also will the stock LS1 Fuel rail and injectors swap onto the LS6 or is there a better option for that without going crazy money wise? I need to keep it a cable driven TB.

Motor is a Stock bottom end LS1
- Texas Speed Torquer V4 Cam
- 853 Heads
- Trunion Lifter Upgrade
- Johnson Linked Lifters
- Double springs
- Titanium Keepers
- All ARP Hardware

Thanks in advance
Old 05-04-2022 | 01:20 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Age of the threads in your search doesn't really matter in terms of fitment, as you are putting an old OEM intake on an old GEN III engine, so the same rules still apply. The LS6 intake came stock on 2001-'02 LS1 engines, so LS1 parts will definitely interchange (i.e. you don't need an "intake specific" throttle body for this intake, etc.) Upgrades to the fuel system are a different matter and will depend on usage and future modifications.
Old 05-11-2022 | 03:50 AM
TECH Senior Member
10 Year Member

only mod needed for the LS6 intake swap and keeping the LS1 4 corner steam tube is shaving the ribs off the bottom of the LS6 mani.....thats all you need

Quick Reply: LS6 Intake swap to LS1 Throttle body?