Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Conventional vs Synthetic Oil?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5.5 or 6 qt.'s of oil?

OK, one more thing I need to know. I was goignt through the threads ahwile back and found one that discussed the amount of oil to be used for the engine. Owner's Manual says 5.5 qt.'s, but I found a thread where a few members suggested going a 1/2 qt. over that to make it 6 . One member even posted pics to show what 6 qt.'s looks like in the pan.

I was always told not to overfill the oil because it could potentially be bad for the engine.

Since you all were very helpful with the first question, i figured that you could advise me on this as well.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

5.5 or 6 qt.'s of oil. Owners manual says 5.5, some members suggest going for 6.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

go with 5.5. the way i see it, if something goes wrong and you followed directions...you can always blame someone else lol. in all honesty, either or will be fine...how many miles do you have on your motor again?

i use syntetic mobil 1, change it every 2995 miles cause im really **** about this kinda ****. the oil still looks like i just put it in when i change it, you could probably easily go another 2k miles without any issues on it.

Good luck man. oh and the K&N filter works well too.

T
Old 07-25-2004, 01:48 AM
Staging Lane

Royal Purple here. Kinda hard to just go out and get, but have had very good luck with it. Many of my "mechanic" friends use and recomend it. My .02
Old 07-25-2004, 08:46 AM
Launching!

Red face

Originally Posted by hepcatws6
Yeah, they are little higher than places such as WalMart or Target for sure, After I bought it I thought that maybe I should have made a trip to another store, but...what the hell, lol. Plus...I have a slight dislike for WalMart anyway, lol.
I'd rather have a root canal than go to a Wal-Mart...
Old 07-25-2004, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by ddelallata
ADVANCE? WTF? You don't buy synthetics there unless you are rich. Go to Wal Mart or Target. You save about a buck per quart at these places. OK , may be I'm just stingy , but I'm on a student budget.
Be rich for Advance Auto, naaaahh, just work there, you get a 20% discount. Actually, my wife works there, and she knows more than the parts pro, but she is VERY knowledgeable with cars
Old 07-25-2004, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SAPPER
Be rich for Advance Auto, naaaahh, just work there, you get a 20% discount. Actually, my wife works there, and she knows more than the parts pro, but she is VERY knowledgeable with cars
Around here you don't trust the advice of Advance Auto. For every ten workers one may know something about cars. I've noticed that most of the people working there just know how to punch things into a computer. But there are a few who know something.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by David 2002 WS6
I'd rather have a root canal than go to a Wal-Mart...
Yeah...I just have this thing against a company like that plowing every other business under. Plus, a lot of the WM's I've been in look like a damn dime store with all the ladders, pallets, and piled in the aisles and between their stackbases. On the other hand, Target stores are ten times nicer, cleaner, and have better quality merchandise. 'Nuff said, lol...better get back to the topic.

Quick Reply: Conventional vs Synthetic Oil?