New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loose Throttle Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2022 | 05:53 AM
Teching In

Default Loose Throttle Pedal

Howdy y’all! Recently purchased a built 2000 Camaro SS as a “Going too college present”. The car is great and in overall immaculate condition…however it has a few kinks, one of which is a loose throttle pedal.

When we first got the car into my buddies shop me and my friend tightened the screw on the TB and that seemed to solve the problems. Made for a tight (Almost too tight) throttle. Eventually the throttle became loose again and there was slack in the cable once again.

What weird is that the TB blades do fully open. Am I dealing with a loose cable that needs to be shortened or a bad pedal assembly? Any input is appreciated!
Old 08-07-2022 | 02:24 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Does this car have ASR (traction control)? The adjustment process for the throttle cable is different for examples with traction control vs. not.

Also, I'm not sure what "screw" at the throttle body could have been tightened to improve a loose pedal...I'm wondering if your issue lies with something other than the cable.
Old 08-07-2022 | 02:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Does this car have ASR (traction control)? The adjustment process for the throttle cable is different for examples with traction control vs. not.

Also, I'm not sure what "screw" at the throttle body could have been tightened to improve a loose pedal...I'm wondering if your issue lies with something other than the cable.
It does not have traction control. Already looked for the adjusters but there are none. The car didn’t have cruise control on but the seller did reinstall it. Since it still doesn’t work Imma just rip out the cruise control. Don’t even use it much anyway.

Quick Reply: Loose Throttle Pedal