Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Camaro Performers" magazine - Summer 2004

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Camaro Performers" magazine - Summer 2004

Picked up a copy of Camaro Performers magazine last week (yes even after the last issue had 14 feature stories with no LS1 cars) and it was by far the worst edition ever.
  • First of all, they regurgitated that lid-test article from Chevy Hi-Perf. No they didn't do another lid test, they just stuck that article in there like it was new.
  • Second, they pulled that "LS1 Do's and Don'ts" article out of another issue and stuck that in there too, like we wouldn't remember reading it already.
  • Third - they had some odd feature on dressing up an LT1 with carbon fiber badging and stripes- which in concept is fine with me - except they decided to run BLACK AND WHITE photos of the whole process, choosing to describe the cool paint color they chose instead of making the pics color. I still can't get over this - an appearance feature in black and white???? Who is the genius that came up with that cost-saving idea????
The rest of the magazine was just mostly ads - leading me to think someone was like "**** it, I don't have time to get stories together - just throw a bunch of old **** in there and no one will notice - we need the advertising money!!!"

I know, these mags are bathroom reading at best, but last year's Camaro Performers magazines were great! Lots of LS1's mixed in, feature articles, etc. I don't know what happened over there.

If anyone on this board is associated with this publication - please don't put out any more issues until you have some real (new) content. That was a disgrace.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:51 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Write to them about your concerns. Most likely it would just get thrown out with most other mail, but you never know. It will still do more good than complaining in an online board.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an FYI, the camaro performers mag is a compilation of Primedia Publishing. It digs up the best articles on camaros, and stuff them in one magazine, and if you subscribe to other primedia mags you would have already seen every article in there.......every article. Nothing in the magizines is ever new, but if you haven't seen it, it is new.

I have last years, and used it a few times, on a couple installs. Just makes it handy because the articles are right there.

Good Luck.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CamaroSS
Just an FYI, the camaro performers mag is a compilation of Primedia Publishing. It digs up the best articles on camaros, and stuff them in one magazine, and if you subscribe to other primedia mags you would have already seen every article in there.......every article. Nothing in the magizines is ever new, but if you haven't seen it, it is new.
Good Luck.
"FYI" that is simply not true. If you had read Camaro Performers in the past 2 years (which is all I can vouch for) you would know that the magazine was centered around feature articles, (like 8-14 per issue) with Camaro's from all 4 gens, big color photos from all angles on each car, stories about the mods & owners, and specs. These features covered 80% of the magazine and were definitely original, not taken from other mags.

My point here is that they had a pretty decent magazine (again, just for entertainment, not for knowledge-building) for a while but suddenly decided to throw in the towel and give up. Very disappointed, was wondering what happened. Was this just an "off" issue or are they killing it?