New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what would cause these dummy lights to come on...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004 | 11:27 PM
Teching In

Default what would cause these dummy lights to come on...

ok , i was out and about and came upon a 5.0 fox body. needless to say, i waisted him. well i c a nice orange glow and my Traction control off light is on. ok, thats normal, pull up to the next light and its still on?!?! kept going, next light now it turned off. then a bit later the ASR light is on, brake light is on, and ABS NIOP is on. i tried to turn the lights of manually via the switches, but light would not turn off. the whoel way home, car is fine, but lights r on. when i get home, put the car in park, now the lights turn off. any idea what just happened??
Old 07-26-2004 | 11:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

I dunno, but I think if you have the traction control on, and you really try to burnout like dropping the clutch, the ASR will say **** it and turn itself off. I heard of this happening to someone. I cant explain the other lights.
Old 07-27-2004 | 04:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AZ01SLPSS
ok , i was out and about and came upon a 5.0 fox body. needless to say, i waisted him. well i c a nice orange glow and my Traction control off light is on. ok, thats normal, pull up to the next light and its still on?!?! kept going, next light now it turned off. then a bit later the ASR light is on, brake light is on, and ABS NIOP is on. i tried to turn the lights of manually via the switches, but light would not turn off. the whoel way home, car is fine, but lights r on. when i get home, put the car in park, now the lights turn off. any idea what just happened??

maybe you jolted something in the dash when you got on the car and moved some wires around....could just be some crossed wires or something....

panic stop your car...does the ABS still work????
Old 07-27-2004 | 05:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AZ01SLPSS
I had the same thing happen after taking a corner pretty fast and when I had in to the dealership they cleared a DTC and then replaced a sensor at one of the front wheels for the TCS. I think I put too much stress on something and 'snap' it needed replacing.
Old 07-27-2004 | 08:21 AM
STF Veteran

You might have spoofed the ABS computer temporarially. If it's gone, don't worry about it. If it comes back, check your ABS sensors, relays, high mount stop light etc...
Old 07-27-2004 | 09:16 AM
Teching In

Yea the abs still worked even thought the light was on.

Thanks for the help