Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torque converter cover 4L60 E , can’t find a fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque converter cover 4L60 E , can’t find a fit

Have 35 Coupe with 5.3 LS and 4L60e transmission. I can’t seem to find a dust cover that fits, maybe a van tranny? Has two bid bolt holes on each side….

Old 08-26-2024, 07:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 679 Likes on 468 Posts

EASY unless it had the 168 tooth flex plate or equivalent in LS
But the 4 bolt cover only came with the smaller flexplate and can be had from a camaro , firebird, impala ss. 4.3 s10 and s15 trucks . Even the 700r4 with 4.3 and f- Bodies used it.
However if you have large flex plate you will have to modify a cover from a 6 bolt 4x4 700 or 4l60e v8 from 84 to 97

Old 08-26-2024, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Default Converter dust cover

Originally Posted by FranksCustomTrans
EASY unless it had the 168 tooth flex plate or equivalent in LS
But the 4 bolt cover only came with the smaller flexplate and can be had from a camaro , firebird, impala ss. 4.3 s10 and s15 trucks . Even the 700r4 with 4.3 and f- Bodies used it.
However if you have large flex plate you will have to modify a cover from a 6 bolt 4x4 700 or 4l60e v8 from 84 to 97
Thank you Sir, it’s bolted on a 5.3l truck motor, not sure how many teeth … I bought a aluminum polished but it’s really Jerry rigged to install and just ain’t right…
Old 08-26-2024, 08:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Well the ones i mentioned are original for that case, even the 6 bolt one as all GM was cut the ears off the case factory

Old 09-24-2024, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Default 4L60e wiring

Frank, thanks for the help. I’m running LS 5.3 and I would like to use a Lokar electronic sport shifter, is it hard to wire into factory harness ? I have early Ecm with red and blue connectors.
Old 09-25-2024, 09:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Im afraid electronic shifters are not my speciality or how they affect the PCM .

Old 09-25-2024, 09:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 169 Likes on 138 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by off2fly
Frank, thanks for the help. I’m running LS 5.3 and I would like to use a Lokar electronic sport shifter, is it hard to wire into factory harness ? I have early Ecm with red and blue connectors.
By reading the instructions from LOKAR it doesnt look difficult. Actually, you dont even have to wire up sport mode. Just need to wire neutral safety and make sure the cable is adjusted correctly.
Old 09-25-2024, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2BFAST
By reading the instructions from LOKAR it doesnt look difficult. Actually, you dont even have to wire up sport mode. Just need to wire neutral safety and make sure the cable is adjusted correctly.
Was wanting to use the bump stick part of it, it’s the tying into trans harness and using the micro switches to shift in manual mode that there are no instructions for. I don’t want to screw anything up LoL
Old 09-25-2024, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 553 Likes on 429 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I got this from the 1st part of the Lokar Electronic Sport Shifter instructions

The Lokar Electronic Sport Mode Shifter is designed and intended to be used with an aftermarket Transmission Control Unit (TCU). You will need to follow the instructions for your particular TCU in order to connect the shifter wiring. The Lokar Electronic Sport Mode Shifter may also be used with a factory Powertrain Control Module (PCM), but there are too many different combinations and too many variables for these instructions to cover those possibilities. If you are going to use the Lokar Electronic Sport Mode Shifter with a factory PCM, you will likely need aftermarket tuning software to create a custom program for the PCM, and you will need to create a custom wiring harness to connect the Shifter to your PCM.
Old 09-25-2024, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bbond105
I got this from the 1st part of the Lokar Electronic Sport Shifter instructions

The Lokar Electronic Sport Mode Shifter is designed and intended to be used with an aftermarket Transmission Control Unit (TCU). You will need to follow the instructions for your particular TCU in order to connect the shifter wiring. The Lokar Electronic Sport Mode Shifter may also be used with a factory Powertrain Control Module (PCM), but there are too many different combinations and too many variables for these instructions to cover those possibilities. If you are going to use the Lokar Electronic Sport Mode Shifter with a factory PCM, you will likely need aftermarket tuning software to create a custom program for the PCM, and you will need to create a custom wiring harness to connect the Shifter to your PCM.
Yes Sir, I saw that, a friend told me it was no problem wiring to GM ECM, but he’s backing up now … looking at US Shift Quick 4 now.. Thanks for the help
Old 09-25-2024, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 553 Likes on 429 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I'm not sure if the GM P01 0411 PCM has the capability to be shifted this way. Try posting in the conversions and swaps section of this forum.
The following users liked this post:
off2fly (09-25-2024)

Quick Reply: Torque converter cover 4L60 E , can’t find a fit