Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slp Lid fitment issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2024, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Slp Lid fitment issues

Hello, I recently purchased a 2001 t/a ws6 from my grandfather. I was just looking things over in the engine bay and noticed that on the air intake one of the hose clamps on the rubber hose connecting it to the maf sensor wasn’t doing anything. Upon further inspection I found that the rubber hose and end of the slp lid are hitting the plastic air intake tray. I’m not entirely sure how to go about raising the maf and rubber hoses to get clearance for a hose clamp and the lid to slide into the rubber hose correctly.

Old 09-10-2024, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Somebody added one of those crappy ebay smooth bellows which is throwing off the entire alignment. It may need to be trimmed or dumped completely and replaced with a standard bellows. Start at the throttle body loosen all clamps and try to line it up the best you can. If you can't get it right now you know what to do.
Old 09-11-2024, 12:07 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,276 Posts

Originally Posted by Y2K-WS.6
Somebody added one of those crappy ebay smooth bellows which is throwing off the entire alignment. It may need to be trimmed or dumped completely and replaced with a standard bellows. Start at the throttle body loosen all clamps and try to line it up the best you can. If you can't get it right now you know what to do.
Exactly this.

Those aftermarket bellows are usually crap. I always prefer to stick with a stock one (accordion style).

Looks like the MAF is also not stock, so that might be the reason that the bellow was changed.
Old 09-12-2024, 08:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Crappy bellow will do that. Try to find the stock accordion bellow for it. Welcome aboard and congrats on the purchase! Enjoy the T/A!

Quick Reply: Slp Lid fitment issues