New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust which is better?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004 | 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for all of the references everybody. In response to the original question, if you want loud get a cutout. It's cheaper and can be capped if you ever want it quiet again. Borla isn't bad since you can tune it with the plates or tone it down as you add more mods. If you search the classifieds you will usually find that a LOT of people are selling their LMs after they get tired of them. This is also the reason that the Dynomouth and Borlamouth were created. Loudmouth isn't bad if you don't intend to run LTs with an ORY though.

If you want it to be loud all of the time, deep, and sound good too... I'd vote for true duals dumped before the axle.
Old 08-08-2004 | 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

there you have it.... the expert...
Old 08-08-2004 | 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
there you have it.... the expert...
No expert here... to date I have only installed a catback on an LS1. Maybe an expert of the video clip.
Old 08-08-2004 | 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

ls1sounds
any exhast question he can answer... dont let him be modest....
Old 08-08-2004 | 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bowtie4life
the question is....are you gonna do headers eventually or not??.....

if your gonna go w/ loudness go w/ loudmouth, and then if its too much once you get headers, take out the resonator and replace it w/ a borla xr-1...see borlamouth at ls1sounds.com...this makes for some crazy *** soundage, almost as good as true duals

CAUTION: DO NOT GO WITH SLOWMASTER..PERFOMANCE SUCKS BUT SOUNDS NICE W/ HEADERS...so i had to go w/ cutout
I have listened to the clips many times but videos sound a good bit different than in life. However it did help me pick out the lm and i loved it before headers.

Now I am trying to decide to go with the borlamouth or dynomouth. Does one sound better than another? The guy above said that the car will sound almost as good a true duels. Does other have this same opinion on this setup and if so what will sound better 2 bullets in the y or 1 where the resonator was? From what I have found from searching w/ bullets the exhaust is still extremely free flowing.