New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving to Hilton Head, SC. Can anyone Orient me to Drag Strips, Specialty shops?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Moving to Hilton Head, SC. Can anyone Orient me to Drag Strips, Specialty shops?

So I'm packing the U-Haul up and throwing the Hawk on a trailer. Indiana to South Carolina. Is there any good speciatly shops in the area that could do some work on the car for me like Heads/Cam and headers or FI, and a strip to play at near by? If anyone needs a good eye exam out there, PM me, I'll hook you up!
Old 08-06-2004, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm down in Savannah, unfortunately I think the closest speed shop is in Charlotte, N.C.

We have an 1/8th mile dragstrip here in Savannah, but it's kind of weak. We have a Coastal Georgia F & Y Body Club here in Savannah if you ever want to come down and check us out. We are trying to organize a group BBQ in Sept. Our website is www.cgfyb.com

There is also a coastal South Carolina F-body club too, their is a link to there web page on our website.

Welcome to the south!

Adam
Old 08-07-2004, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are just two 1/4 mile strips, Darlington and Jackson, and numerous 1/8 mile tracks here in SC. There was a speed/dyno shop in Columbia but I'm not 100% certain of their status anymore. Try www.scfyb.com for more info on local speed shops. Lot's of Camaro/Firebird guys on there that can help you out.
BTW, good cruising weather down here year round. Good luck with the move.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Teching In

another person from scfyb! check out the lowcountry forum on there

There is a new speedshop in Columbia on Knox Abbott.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can also always head up to Atlanta (bout 4-5 hours) if you need a good machine shop/install shop. They aren't cheap but they do good work. Lamar Walden Automotive.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the info everyone. Moving is a hassle! Contact talk is even worse. But nothing a good drive can;t cure!
Old 08-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Teching In

moving to hilton head eh? been living in hilton head for 7 yrs now the nearest strip is the savannah dragway. nice place to live if you dont mind spending a lil extra if you dont mind what area are you moving into
Old 08-10-2004, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Hilton Head is a great area. I travel down their a few times a year. I'm a walking advertisment for HH with all the clothing I have from there.

Quick Reply: Moving to Hilton Head, SC. Can anyone Orient me to Drag Strips, Specialty shops?