Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** school. My $.02.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Staging Lane

Without a doubt...Education First!!!!! You cannot go wrong with getting a degree. I just got my degree last year and that is something that no one can ever take away!!!!! Now I have more money to mod the car!!!! Higher Education First!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2004, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ultra Pewter Snooter
Without a doubt...Education First!!!!! You cannot go wrong with getting a degree. I just got my degree last year and that is something that no one can ever take away!!!!! Now I have more money to mod the car!!!! Higher Education First!!!!!!
Ditching school is like the dark side of the force. It is cool at first, but you always loose in the end. Education is the only way to make sure you don't loose your job to a robot
Old 08-13-2004, 02:47 PM
Restricted User

lol ill buy your car for 10k lol
Old 08-13-2004, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Go for the education.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hold on for one second, lets be logical here.
Do you need a car in your State?
Are you almost finished your car payments?
If you only owe a couple of grand on your car note, can you take out a higher loan to pay the car off?
I went to law school in NYC where I didn't need a car but I now live in Charlotte, N.C., where I do need a car. Depending on where you live, you may need some form of transportation. Sometimes, having a car like an F-Body will serve as an incentive to continue your schooling. Don't just jump and make a decision, see if you can have your cake and eat it as well. You might be surprised. My cousin just finished getting his MBA. During this time, he was still working full time, paying $2000 a month rent and still paying his note on Lexus (that hard top convertable). Everyone told him that it was impossible to do all and that he had to fully simplify his life. Past May, he just finished and graduated at the top of his class. Sure, everyone's situation is different but fully think about what you're doing and see if it's possible.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Vertigo
Ok so turns out I was approved for school loans to go back full time (College). So in lyes my delimma, do i sell the car and get rid of the insurance $200 + $300 Car payment = $500 and go back to school? Or take out more of a loan amount than i need to cover the payments b/c i won't be able to be a full time student and work that much....Or say F school drop out and live in my car. LOL!! J/k ....open to any advise!!
I worked full time and went to school at night. It took me twice as long to graduate but I actually made better grades working full time and going to school at night than going to school full time and not working. If you work in the field you are studying, you will gain experience and an education at the same time. I had all my college paid for by the companies I worked for. Took longer but I did not have to pay for my education.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by robj
lol ill buy your car for 10k lol
Deal!
Old 08-15-2004, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I didn't say sell the car, just for you to go to school. I work for my car and am a fulltime student and love it. If you absolutely have to sell it then do it. You can afford five of them when you get out.