New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

un-bastard dealership

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004 | 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default un-bastard dealership

so, with all these posts about bastard dealtherships i thought i would post up of a good experience...
my clutch was acting "funny" so i took it in, and with no questions asked they put in a brand new one
so, i guess maybe there are decent ones, maybe i just got lucky
Old 08-16-2004 | 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02blackws679ta
so, with all these posts about bastard dealtherships i thought i would post up of a good experience...
my clutch was acting "funny" so i took it in, and with no questions asked they put in a brand new one
so, i guess maybe there are decent ones, maybe i just got lucky
Good to hear. Maybe you did get lucky....I have had some bad experiences with my local dealership, indirectly posted on the boards awhile ago, I won't go into detail

You can't complain much about a brand new clutch though!
Old 08-16-2004 | 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Which dealership? I'm right off 121 and Glade Rd in Grapevine...
Old 08-16-2004 | 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
Which dealership? I'm right off 121 and Glade Rd in Grapevine...
vista ridge, right off of 35...and i had even heard that they may have been sheisty, but i havent had one single problem with them
Old 08-17-2004 | 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

good to hear that baddogZ28 isnt the only good dealer out there.
Old 08-17-2004 | 11:17 AM

I'm new here, so no one knows me all that well, but i'm one of the goodguys too. We are out there, you just have to look around until you find a dealer/salesperson who will treat you with the respect that you deserve. Incidently, I work for the "other guys" (blue oval), but i'm a ls1 guy through and through.
Old 08-17-2004 | 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nice to hear you had a good experience with your clutch repair. I just had my pilot bearing break and the dealership said they wouldn't even touch it because I have headers and SFC's on the car. And the car is under warranty!! Can you ******* believe that ****?!?!

Talked to some guys, they said don't worry about it, and just upgrade to a Spec Stage 3 clutch kit w/ carbon disc plate and billet steel flywheel.
Old 08-17-2004 | 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nddragon01
Nice to hear you had a good experience with your clutch repair. I just had my pilot bearing break and the dealership said they wouldn't even touch it because I have headers and SFC's on the car. And the car is under warranty!! Can you ******* believe that ****?!?!

Talked to some guys, they said don't worry about it, and just upgrade to a Spec Stage 3 clutch kit w/ carbon disc plate and billet steel flywheel.
yea, i would deffinately not mind havign a good aftermarket clutch, but i figured since this is free and is very much sufficient for my needs at this point i would just save my money and take adavantage of freebies
Old 08-17-2004 | 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rowin Gearz
I'm new here, so no one knows me all that well, but i'm one of the goodguys too. We are out there, you just have to look around until you find a dealer/salesperson who will treat you with the respect that you deserve. Incidently, I work for the "other guys" (blue oval), but i'm a ls1 guy through and through.
do you drive an f-body to work? brand loyalty is nuts around here. i know the parts dept. manager at the ford house here and there is a salesman that drives a ram air to work and he says there isnt a day that goes by that they dont give him crap about it. kinda funny, but i think it would get annoying really quick.