Sponsored by:

Time to Vent More Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 11:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Time to Vent More Problems

Everythings..great i just get off work.

Well time to go out to my car...push the unlocks..on my keyless remote get in put key in ignition turn it to this awful sound...Tick..Tick...Tick...Tick..lights dem out..im like **** somehow my battery drained..So i got and get one of those portable battery jumpers..i put it on it..go to start it Tick Tick Tick...lights dem out..im like Thats wierd...so i turn the key...to just On my stereo comes on..im like WTf...this is messed..up...all electronics are working FINE!!!....so i go and ask a friend..to jump my car off of his vehicle..mabe my portable jumper wasn't enough umpp to do the job...well we try that..nothing Tick Tick tick tick again...im pissed by then we throw the jumper cables in his trunk...get ready to leave and i say im gonna try it one more time wit nothing on it..so i get in turn the key it fires right up WIERD!!! yeh tell me bout it...so i get home..pull in the driveway ..and It dies before i even turn it off..so i roll in cranking the wheel hard as **** so i don't hit my parents cars..and it gets worse from there...

so i go get in it at about 8:30...keep in mind the first stuff happened from 7:00 to 7:15...I get the Tick Tick tick tick again..then damn it fires after 4 ticks..so i go to drive it around..drive around for about 30 minutes...then...i pull into a parking lot stop to talk to some people...leave my engine running while im talking you can't even here my car stock exhaust...and im not really paying attention..so im done..go to take off let off the brake nothing look down

**** MY CAR DIED AGAIN!!!..go to start it this time i get a Scraping NOise...like starter grinding but guess what i didn't turn the key then turn it again right after i turned it once..it grinds..then starts...

OMG!!! that is the worst sound ive ever heard...it gets worse from there.....the cards were stacked against me today..so i pull home..to find out one of my tires is low OMG!!!...so i say screw.it...i left it went inside..and now im on here...

Oh yeh one more thing my panic alarm goes of every oncein a while now for no reason and stays on so i gotta run outside and turn it off...

After a day like this..who knows what im gonna half to do to my car..first of all for a mechanic to look at it...then to fix it..from all the things ive heard today...id say Bad Battery, Bad ALternator..Electrical Problem...annd I hope that grinding wasn't inside the engine..i hope not and i hope it was the starter...btw..im no longer under my any warranty on this car..and...im broke from my car payemtn and insurance..so it will prob sit til December til i can fix it...

After a day like this all you can do is sit back and ..if i let anger take me over i will be outside wit a sledge on my car fixing it if you know what i mean...

THIS IS
Old 08-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you just need a new starter. If the solenoid is shot, it can affect your electrical system much like you described.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:28 PM
TECH Resident

how much am i looking at
Old 08-20-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

would you drive it witht he starter out>>or going out?
Old 08-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Would I? No. Someone else may say yes.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:55 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heres my dad for you... drive it till it breaks, then jerry-rig it untill it cant be jerry rigged anymore....buy new part....then jerry rig....and once they dont make parts for it anymore....you get somthing new.

dumb question, but have you went thru and tightened/checked for corrosion on all the connections in your system? id start with battery of course (call me a dumbass if you already have), then go to the starter and check out the power and solenoid wires. if everything's good, then i'd yank the starter because its prolly not too tough.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

starter wont make the car die while its running.
alternater will
battery will.

first look at your battery terminals for corrosion(if there is some clean them)
check the wire from your batt to your starter make sure there is nothing loose or grounded.
after that take it to an auto parts store (pep boys, advanced, auto zone) they will check your battery and alternater for free. and if you need a new one... hey there you are at the parts store...
Old 08-21-2004, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
starter wont make the car die while its running.
alternater will
battery will.

first look at your battery terminals for corrosion(if there is some clean them)
check the wire from your batt to your starter make sure there is nothing loose or grounded.
after that take it to an auto parts store (pep boys, advanced, auto zone) they will check your battery and alternater for free. and if you need a new one... hey there you are at the parts store...
exactly.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

thanks..guys..yeh i shoulda of looked everything over before coming here...it slipped my mind that just recently i hooked my power cable to my amp straight up to my battery..and yes you were right it was Corroded really badly..Horribly...i figgd the rubber caps were still over them both so corrosion couldn't be the problem..but i forgot i had to tear the one rubber cover to get the power to my amp ..

Thanks..its all good now..had to scrape it down with a wire brush and its on the charger as we speak.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

use a little diet coke to clean it... it make the whole thing clean much faster(yes i know it sounds funny but it works)
Old 08-23-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

regular coke works better, sweeteners in diet arnt as corrosive.

fry