Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car was in accident

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry car was in accident

My wife and month old daughter had the car for the day and someone cut down a side street in front of her running a stop sign. Fortunately nobody was hurt, but the front of my car took some damage It appears the front bumper besides being all dented and scratched is moved about 3 inches down and to the right, and the hood now comes over the headlight about a quarter of an inch making it impossible to pop them up without opening the hood first. Does anybody have any advice on what to tell the shop when I get it inspected for the insurance company? Anything I should look for that they might miss? At best I want to get a new hood out of this, maybe a raptor style. It pisses me off to no end when people do stupid stuff on the road when I'm driving, but when I have to get a phone call from my wife, with my month old daughter in the backseat no less, I get pissed to a whole new level! I want their insurance company to pay for the driver's stupidity!

oh yeah, since my sig dissapeared for some reason, my car is a 98 t/a.

Last edited by Aragorn; 09-04-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Launching!

that is f'ed up man
Old 09-04-2004, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear that, glad everyone is ok. I would get at least 2 estiments and pick the highest one to get the most money back. Also, now is a good time for any mods that you might want to do.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

I would suggest pushing to get the car totaled and get a new one. body work may be expensive but if your suspension/drivetrain took damage the car will never be the same.

good luck

Originally Posted by Aragorn
My wife and month old daughter had the car for the day and someone cut down a side street in front of her running a stop sign. Fortunately nobody was hurt, but the front of my car took some damage It appears the front bumper besides being all dented and scratched is moved about 3 inches down and to the right, and the hood now comes over the headlight about a quarter of an inch making it impossible to pop them up without opening the hood first. Does anybody have any advice on what to tell the shop when I get it inspected for the insurance company? Anything I should look for that they might miss? At best I want to get a new hood out of this, maybe a raptor style. It pisses me off to no end when people do stupid stuff on the road when I'm driving, but when I have to get a phone call from my wife, with my month old daughter in the backseat no less, I get pissed to a whole new level! I want their insurance company to pay for the driver's stupidity!

oh yeah, since my sig dissapeared for some reason, my car is a 98 t/a.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

You got any pics? I would check all the wheels and tires for little dents in them or big chips. Also look into the front A-arms and look at the steering rack. Check all the brakes componets up front. Look at the front frame, too. See if the radiator or air lid was moved any, because that is an easy way to see if the engine was moved.

I would also agree to try to get her totalled if there is even the slightest frame damage. Sorry to her about the accident and THANK GOD the baby is ok!

-Todd
Old 09-04-2004, 02:15 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man im really sorry to hear that, im glad they're ok. i can just imagine how bad your wife let 'em have it when he got out of his car lol.