Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny Mount Hassle PISSED!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 02:49 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Angry Tranny Mount Hassle PISSED!!

i bought a tranny mount for my car @ oriley auto parts the other day to replace mine. i had a sneaking suspicion that it was toast. i got the car off the ground and got the old one off and sure enough, it was hanging on by a thread. i take it over to my one that i bought from orileys and it was different (of course lol). i go back and they say it doesnt even prompt them on the computer for a manual/automatic option (guy diddnt mention that when i bought it) . so the dealership closed about an hour before this happened and every autoparts store in town tried to sell me the same one as orileys. i had to put it back together with the shitty mount because i need transportation . dealership is closed on monday too so im screwed till tuesday.

has anyone bought a tranny mount for an m6 car at an autoparts store?? the one they sold me had bolt holes in the right place but the stud was smaller than the stocker. i also read on install university that the 1le cars had a stronger mount, is this true? if so whats the part number.

i was ready to when i discovered my misfortune today.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
i bought a tranny mount for my car @ oriley auto parts the other day to replace mine. i had a sneaking suspicion that it was toast. i got the car off the ground and got the old one off and sure enough, it was hanging on by a thread. i take it over to my one that i bought from orileys and it was different (of course lol). i go back and they say it doesnt even prompt them on the computer for a manual/automatic option (guy diddnt mention that when i bought it) . so the dealership closed about an hour before this happened and every autoparts store in town tried to sell me the same one as orileys. i had to put it back together with the shitty mount because i need transportation . dealership is closed on monday too so im screwed till tuesday.

has anyone bought a tranny mount for an m6 car at an autoparts store?? the one they sold me had bolt holes in the right place but the stud was smaller than the stocker. i also read on install university that the 1le cars had a stronger mount, is this true? if so whats the part number.

i was ready to when i discovered my misfortune today.

Go to advanced auto and pick up an Energy Suspension Poly Mount. It makes the car vibrate a little when you first put it on, but after a few passes at the track or on the street the vibrations goes away.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:02 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they also tried to sell me one of those but i dont want the vibration.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dunno bout your car but the ES poly trans mount isnt really bad at all.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:36 PM
Launching!

the vibration will go away after you put some miles on the car.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

I put an ES tranny mount in mine and drove it for two months without the vibration going away. I had to take it on a long road trip and I replaced it with the stock mount. I pitched that POS. If they're selling it as a bolt-on, we shouldn't have to grind off the bumps and remove the preload plate

A couple of years later I put in the Prothane one and it seemed better, but still vibrated. Bought another stock unit. I still have the Prothane on my 'crap I pulled off my car' shelf
Old 09-08-2004, 12:59 AM
Launching!

I removed my poly tranny mount becuase of the vibration...just get a stock mount from gmpartdirect and call it a day