New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

115mph??? WTF, I need HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 08:59 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've gotten my gf addicted to g-forces. she loves goin out and runnin people. the other day she tells me, "i wanna see how fast it will go" and i just flat out told her too fast lol. told her i dont care much on how fast it goes, just how fast it gets goin lol. i would rather feel my *** in the backseat when i hit the gas rather than the telephone poles look like a picket fence. if i cant hit it in the 1/4 mile, its too fast for me.

edit: just went out and checked, door sticker lists z-rated tires from the factory. so i have the 162 limiter (i think the door code is QLC) its the only Q code. the car has aftermarket tires/wheels on it from the girl who had it before me so i diddnt know.

my buddies 99 gt mustang had a 120 mph limiter. after his 3.73 rear end and tiny *** slicks on it, he was trapping around 100 or so and his car was cutting off before the finishline because his cars speeedo was off so bad. we werent sure if it would work but we crawled under the car, found the speedometer output, spliced a switch into one legs of the wire and put the switch in the console, he could then kill the speedometer at the track or whenever he wanted. it worked well without any ill effects.

Last edited by TheBlurLS1; 09-15-2004 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grubby98
well thanks guys. I just thought all cars with 6speeds didnt shut off. O well. I will just ahve to go ahead and get ls1edit before I wanted to. I know what town the guy lives in, so when it is able to go I will go find him. Im glad I dont have my nx wet kit on their. Wont I be around 115 with a 100 shot at the quarter?
Get Hp Tuners, its much better!