Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions....Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions....Questions

OK.......I really want to know if there is anyway i can take an automatic 1999 z28 and convert it to a manual. If there is away please tell me how and how much it would cost.

Also i have about a grand.....waht can i do to get in the mid to upper for hundreds in horsepower.

My 99 Z28 is completely stock.....its red
Old 09-15-2004, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do a search i know their is a detail thread about this. it tells yea about manual to auto and auto to manual.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^What he said^^^
Off hand, I think it's a sticky in the auto trans section as to converting your trans from one to the other. You will not be able to see upper 400's in horsepower for a grand unless none of that money goes to the swap and you put the entire $1k into nitrous......and even then you'd be looking at low 400's rwhp tops, give or take. One grand will not even get you all the bolt-ons if you are looking to go naturally aspirated. Full exhaust (headers, duals) might be all that gets you (if that), or if you go with economical (cheaper) parts maybe full exhaust and a couple other bolt-ons. (UD pullies, lid, CAI, ported TB, SFC....)