Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail Order vs Dyno Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Mail Order vs Dyno Tune

I'm debating as to which route is better between a mail order tune vs dyno. I was told both are good. Just looking for a few people who did this to give me some insight.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Dyno tune is more accurate, a mail order tune is a shot in the dark
Old 09-17-2004, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BirdMan(LS1)
I'm debating as to which route is better between a mail order tune vs dyno. I was told both are good. Just looking for a few people who did this to give me some insight.
What exactly are you getting tuned? If its Heads/Cam or more, I'd definitely go with a dyno tune if you have the ability to. If its just a cam with bolt ons, many of the sponsers have pretty good mail order tunes for their popular spec cams. When I throw my 231/237 I'll be going with a mail order, b/c I'm going to be running stock heads. When I get the nitrous and heads put on, I'll be gettin it dyno-tuned for sure. Mail order tunes are cheap ~$250 usually. Dyno usually runs $500+.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
What exactly are you getting tuned? If its Heads/Cam or more, I'd definitely go with a dyno tune if you have the ability to. If its just a cam with bolt ons, many of the sponsers have pretty good mail order tunes for their popular spec cams. When I throw my 231/237 I'll be going with a mail order, b/c I'm going to be running stock heads. When I get the nitrous and heads put on, I'll be gettin it dyno-tuned for sure. Mail order tunes are cheap ~$250 usually. Dyno usually runs $500+.
I added a LSX, .50@ 212/218 cam, 4:10 gear, long tube headers and y-pipe. I know the ls1 are capable of running 12 sec and I'm tryin to get there or better. My car so far is running like crap 14's is unacceptable.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:12 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dyno tuning on a mustang dyno w/ wideband is the best bet. mustang dyno's read lower obviously but they are more accurate when it comes to tuning.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sup...

I've gone with 2 mail order tunes from Nogo. He's really my only option, since there really are no credible tuners here in Hawaii.

I transfer in Jan. I get to drive the car from Cali. to Miss. w/ a little stop to my friends at Thunderracing in the middle.

Mail tunes are cool if you have no other options like me, but if you're able to get a real dyno tune. I would recommend that route.

Nogo has provided me with some awesome tunes though.