Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

hey guys it's me! Ok I am wanting to have made up fuel rail covers for my ws6 Iknow what i want them to look like but heres the ?. I need ot buy the dark gray metallic ram air stickers that go on the hood that same size, I also need the large TRANS AM letters down the side.. Oh ALSO the covers are fora corvette so i have ot remove the corvette letters to add mine but...... to have them painted so I dont see the letters of the corvette shining through how would I fix that! Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate!
Old 10-09-2004, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

If the vette letters are decals just use your hair dryer to heat them up a bit before peeling them off.

I think I saw alot of the decal stuff on Ebay. Most of the folks selling them can custom make what you want.

Brad
Old 10-09-2004, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This should help.

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/fuel-rail-covers.html
Old 10-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=SquintzPallatore]If the vette letters are decals just use your hair dryer to heat them up a bit before peeling them off.

I think I saw alot of the decal stuff on Ebay. Most of the folks selling them can custom make what you want.

Brad[/QUOTE

hey thats is good but I am afraid that you willstill be able ot see where the letters were at at one time! Does a particular site just carry emblems?
Old 10-10-2004, 12:59 AM
Launching!

The last set of vette FRC had the CORVETTE recessed down in them, they need to have the letters filled in will epoxy or something like that,the factory vette one also need to have a couple slits put in them to clear the f-body fuel lines and such. This is one reason why ready made ones for our cars cost so much $$$$$.
Now the decal you should be able to go to any place that make signs and lettering for cars and buildings and have a set made the way you want them and in what color you want.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChiefBrody
There ya go. Thats what I would get and save the headache of filling in the letters and sanding.

Brad