New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrecked my baby

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good ******* lord! I cannot believe you made it through that. I am curious to wonder how you got those plates..but you better get those in and I am sure the person who cut you off will have a lot of fun learning about what they did.

-Todd
Old 11-13-2004, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by black02-z28
Holy crap! You are indeed a lucky guy!

VA drivers suck! I just got ran off the interstate last weekend, I was doing 75 eastbound on I-64 at Ft Eustis, three cars came up the on ramp real slow and then the last one darted over into the far left lane at about 30. I couldn't go right, so I swerved left, my left tires were in the grass, I got around him and the idiot set right there in the lane...I have seen more bad driving in the hamotn roads/va beach area than anywhere else I have ever lived!

Good luck with the search for a new one!

Ed
there are some nuts all over the place. They tend to move over into your lane a lot. I can't count the number of times thats happened on my bike AND car.

Sorry that happened to you man, good thing your ok. Keep us updated on what happens.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I hate driving around here. That's why the next one is going to be a track car. I'm also getting a bigger truck so I can just slam into his *** next time. LOL. I got his plates because the guy was trying to get me to race before he came into my lane. I'm sure he knows what he did, he had to have seen it and it was all over the news that morning.
The one problem I am having with getting another one is that I've alreayd had three of them. Not complaining, just think it might be time to try something else. I think the cobra is actually going to be cheaper to build. The one I found for $20,000 is gone but the next cheapest one I can find in the country is around here for $26,000 other than the two in michigan for $24,500. The vette is sexy as hell but parts are just too damned much for it. Exhaust would make me broke. I'm in the Navy, I don't exactly have a stacked wallet. The cobra with exhaust, cai, an a pulley could put me in the low 12's high 11's.
Gotta run, I'll check back with ya'll in a while.
Nick
Old 11-13-2004, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z289899
Yeah I hate driving around here. That's why the next one is going to be a track car. I'm also getting a bigger truck so I can just slam into his *** next time. LOL. I got his plates because the guy was trying to get me to race before he came into my lane. I'm sure he knows what he did, he had to have seen it and it was all over the news that morning.
The one problem I am having with getting another one is that I've alreayd had three of them. Not complaining, just think it might be time to try something else. I think the cobra is actually going to be cheaper to build. The one I found for $20,000 is gone but the next cheapest one I can find in the country is around here for $26,000 other than the two in michigan for $24,500. The vette is sexy as hell but parts are just too damned much for it. Exhaust would make me broke. I'm in the Navy, I don't exactly have a stacked wallet. The cobra with exhaust, cai, an a pulley could put me in the low 12's high 11's.
Gotta run, I'll check back with ya'll in a while.
Nick
Ever think of a 01 Z06?

-Todd
Old 11-13-2004, 08:10 PM
Teching In

I feel your pain. I don't have pictures yet but I took out a hydrant and a concrete light pole with my SS on Sunday. Then the pole landed across the back seats. 2 feet farther and it would have been on my head and I would surely not be typing this now.

Even though the only body panels that won't have to be replaced are the bumpers, driver's door and driver's front fender, my body shop guy says it can be 100% again. He's all booked up until next year though. So it has to sit in a barn in North Florida till then.

Good luck on your replacement.

Last edited by 2002z28ssconv; 11-13-2004 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Boy Im glad to hear you are OK. I cant believe that you lived. How would you say the Camaro held up during the wreck. I know it was violent by the pictures but do you think that it could of been worse or do you think that the car did a pretty good job during the wreck. Just curious I guess. Wondering how these cars do during a wreck! Glad you are ok again.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Glad you made it out alive. As if it's not all ready, may the force be with you...
Old 11-13-2004, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Smokin02WS6
Boy Im glad to hear you are OK. I cant believe that you lived. How would you say the Camaro held up during the wreck. I know it was violent by the pictures but do you think that it could of been worse or do you think that the car did a pretty good job during the wreck. Just curious I guess. Wondering how these cars do during a wreck! Glad you are ok again.
I was in a wreck in my 94. It held up very well suffice it to say. That car looks very good actually if it went under a gaurd rail

-Todd
Old 11-13-2004, 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

reading this gave me another question....

did you swerve to overt? or get sideswiped?
if the other car actually HIT you(even alittle) then put your it cost too much thoughts WAY outa your head.... hit and run is EASY ground for lawsuit and most people have 50k liability. 50k is a sweet 03 z06 with h/c or a 05 c6

if he didn't hit you then your back to where you are...
Old 11-14-2004, 01:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

No he didn't hit me I swerved before he did.

Gloveperson, you got one you want to sell?

It held up ok, but it could have been better. Luckily I had t-tops or I would have been killed also.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z289899
No he didn't hit me I swerved before he did.

Gloveperson, you got one you want to sell?

It held up ok, but it could have been better. Luckily I had t-tops or I would have been killed also.
Read closer..one is R.I.P

That one was involved in a stupid lady ran a stop sign and smashing into me. The only bright side is that this is the best time of year to get an F-body..prices are good right now!

-Todd
Old 11-14-2004, 01:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know you where not thinking of it at the time... but sometimes its just better to let them hit you
Old 11-14-2004, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
i know you where not thinking of it at the time... but sometimes its just better to let them hit you
I was able to get more money than I payed for it from the insurance company (700 dollars for lojak that came with the car O_O)

z289899, if you need any help tracking a new F-body/other car I would gladdly help, as would any member here.

-Todd
Old 11-15-2004, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Is that a camaro??? It must be cause I see the camaro grille on the front of the car. That sucks but at least your ok
I saw the camaro grille, not on the front of the car though.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LSWannabe
I saw the camaro grille, not on the front of the car though.

Yeah bad wording, I ment on top of car.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

10-4 2muchrice, that wreck was F-ING BRUTAL. That ******* that cut him off after trying to get him to race should have his jugular ripped out with a pair of pliers.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, that looks like it hurt, but it's good to see that you're still alive. As they say, "Cars can be replaced, people can't!".
Old 11-16-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

Bummer
Old 11-18-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm thinking of getting the vette. Like I said, already had 3 camaro's. Now I found a really nice vette that I like but don't know too much about them. My main thing is the rear end, how much sronger are they? And what is the difference in the C5 rear and the Z06 rear? Also what's the difference in the MN6 in the C5 and the MN12 in the Z06?
Old 11-27-2004, 09:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vette is a nice step up if you have the money. Or in my case even if you don't have the money I had the SOM WS6 Fikse H/C car and in my mind that was my dream car, a friend offered more than I could turn down and I sold it and bought the Z06 I have no regrets.

Regular C5's are very nice cars and prices on them are VERY good. I've seen 50k 99 hardtops sell for 19K.

Z06s you may get a higher mileage one for 26k if you REALLY look. Most 01's are going to be around 29-30 I paid a little more for mine because it only had 8k on it.

Differences:

Better block (alot of 01-02f-bodies had this)
Heads and cam, oil pump maybe
Suspension is very different shocks sway bars
Brake pads and calipers are red
Rear end is 3:42 with larger output shafts
Better manifolds and intake
Titanium exaust which will never need to be upgraded for performance
They are all hardtops
Brake ducks
No sound deadning
Very good wheels and tires and you can't get much better aftermarket
Windshield is thinner and antenea in back
Transmission is geared differently most important is the 2.97 first gear and the following gears ratios are closer together, I'm guessing the first gear is equivalent to having a 3:73 in an F-body.

Thats not all of em but alot of the differences....

So basically the Z06 is a nicely modded C5 I'm going to do a small cam and headers and expect around 400rwhp everything else including heads stock.

Hope that helps and glad you came through the accident in good shape all things considered. Good luck!

Bobby