New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of Flowmaster?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are running cats and stock manifolds and money is a concern, get the loudmouth. $325.00

If money isn't a concern, go gmmg, borla, etc...these rock without question and are some of the best systems available.

If you want ***** out sound, flow, and emissions testing isn't a factor, get the TSP true duals hooked up to LT's without cats. $415.00

Any of the above are far better Flowmaster IMO
Old 12-19-2004, 04:59 PM
11 Second Club

i love my LM sound, some say its too loud, i say its not loud enough, the louder the better, although i have gotten a ticket for loud exhaust, anyways, bought my LM from ls1speed.com, $325 i think, put it on myself, its really easy, just remember that when you get headers and ORY to swap the resonator with a bullet, im gonna go with a dynomax bullet, just another option for you
Old 12-21-2004, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
If you like your car to sound like a dump truck go with the flowmaster.

If you want a good sound and better flow I would say Hooker, Borla, or if you have stock manifolds with cats I like the SLP loud mouth.

If you are looking to do more mods to your car in the future stay away from the Flowmaster, its allright for stock cars "if you can stand the sound" but too restrictive for the higher power levels.

My opinion..

Dump truck huh

I agree with you on everything but the borla. But then again..i dont like rasp.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

I would spend a little more and get the magnaflow, but if u would wanna save up and buy the borla, im sure you wouldnt regret it at all, TRUST ME!
Old 12-21-2004, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6T/A98
I would spend a little more and get the magnaflow, but if u would wanna save up and buy the borla, im sure you wouldnt regret it at all, TRUST ME!
if you want a really good price on magnaflow, PM transamWS686. he offers AWESOME prices. give him a shout, you wont be disappointed.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

don't buy a crapmaster like many many other paople have already said on this one thread alone go with hooker, magnaflow, hell just about anyone else is better.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zamboxl
don't buy a crapmaster like many many other paople have already said on this one thread alone go with hooker, magnaflow, hell just about anyone else is better.
a welding rod can packed with cotton would be better. probably sound better too!
Old 12-22-2004, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
a welding rod can packed with cotton would be better. probably sound better too!
lol probably
Old 12-22-2004, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zamboxl
lol probably
actually 69_yenko did that on his old beater truck he used to have. the hole in the can was just big enough to slide over the pipe, so he cut another in the bottom and whamo, the "flowbastard" was born.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:27 PM
12 Second Club

buy a hooker catback if price is an issue i mean its what 297? install it yourself

one of the best soudns flows better then Flowmaster, and is favored on this board along with TD's and GMMG
Old 12-22-2004, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm going to get burned here, but I don't care. I bought my Flowmaster as the first mod on my car. It cost me somewhere in the area of $200 including istallation. I think it sounds BAD ***, and I've never heard a negative thing said about it (Except on LS1tech of course). On the contrary, people have stopped and commented on how nice it sounded.

As far as the flow numbers go, have any of you nay-sayers ACTUALLY seen a Flowmasters flow chart? Because I've never heard any numbers used. Only "Flowmaster Sucks!"

**Braces with new flame-suit**
Old 12-23-2004, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptUSA
I'm going to get burned here, but I don't care. I bought my Flowmaster as the first mod on my car. It cost me somewhere in the area of $200 including istallation. I think it sounds BAD ***, and I've never heard a negative thing said about it (Except on LS1tech of course). On the contrary, people have stopped and commented on how nice it sounded.

As far as the flow numbers go, have any of you nay-sayers ACTUALLY seen a Flowmasters flow chart? Because I've never heard any numbers used. Only "Flowmaster Sucks!"

**Braces with new flame-suit**
have seen 2 cars lose hp on the dyno ...2 hp for one... 4 hp for the other... only change was changing the ws6 exhast for the flowmaster....
they sound GOOD...

that being said, there are a few things i picked up on wronge here...
first ... not all flowmaster set ups are junk... on the contrary, they are a staple name in racing for a reason...
the trouble with ls1's and the flowmaster set up is that the only bolt up kit flowmaster sells for the ls1 comes with the 80 series muffler....
the 80 series muffler is the only problem with this catback ...other then that it is a quality peice

a true dual set up with 2, 40 series mufflers.. sounds amazing and flows very well

Quick Reply: What do you think of Flowmaster?