Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have answers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6RAGE
p.s How hard was it to port that throttle body i rather do it that way then buy one, did you get a kit or something?
not hard at all, just takes time
Old 12-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks bro you really helped me out
Old 12-22-2004, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

first go at it with a die-grinder with a grinding stone, then once you got most of it done, use 100 grit, then 200 grit, then 400 grit, 600 grit, 800 grit, and then a steel wool with some mother aluminum polish. takes about 4-5 hours.... or about 2 movies
Old 12-23-2004, 08:36 AM
Launching!

Ok...I have a new Question! I decided to install my tranny cooler...Does anybody have pics of how or were to put that thing??? To top it off the lines comeing out of the radiator to the tranny are metal! Im going crazy here-well maybe i already was to begin with but-im GETTING WORSE. Then my shorty headers i they come in the mail today-Any advise on the best way to take care of those? Thanks guys HELP

p.s sorry i had to ask a new question on this old thread, i forgot how to post a new one.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:18 AM
TECH Junkie

my tranny cooler was attached to the front of the radiator on my old 96 ta. it had to plastic clips that slid in b/t the fins of the radiator. as for the metal lines, mine were only metal for a few inches then there was hose the rest of the way back nd right before it got the the tranny it was metal again. as for the shorties, i dont know if theyre easier to install than lt's, but i know my pass side lt was cake, and the ds took a little more work. we had to grind down a few things to make it easy
Old 12-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
my tranny cooler was attached to the front of the radiator on my old 96 ta. it had to plastic clips that slid in b/t the fins of the radiator. as for the metal lines, mine were only metal for a few inches then there was hose the rest of the way back nd right before it got the the tranny it was metal again. as for the shorties, i dont know if theyre easier to install than lt's, but i know my pass side lt was cake, and the ds took a little more work. we had to grind down a few things to make it easy
Well it just sounds so easy to install, then when i get down there Geezz...thats another story. My lines are mostly metal but yes there about a foot thats rubber hose...Now the headers, one side does look easier..but Grind? eesh i dont wanna grind anything! I really hope i dont have to. Thanks bro.

P.s Any other suggestions or help-is GREATLY appreciated!
Old 12-23-2004, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

you might not have to grind. some people dont. but when i installed my hooker lt's i need to. ive never installed shorties, so i cant say for sure
Old 12-23-2004, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

oh, as for sugesstions....get a friend. and a lift makes it alot easier whe you do the headers. if you cant use a lift, jack the front of the car up as high as possible. and make sure you have everything you need to do the job (ie. tools/parts/and extra help)
Old 12-24-2004, 07:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
oh, as for sugesstions....get a friend. and a lift makes it alot easier whe you do the headers. if you cant use a lift, jack the front of the car up as high as possible. and make sure you have everything you need to do the job (ie. tools/parts/and extra help)
shorties will all be from the top
Old 12-24-2004, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ramairstyle00
shorties will all be from the top

You can even do Macs from the top. Shorties will be quite a bit easier to slide in than LT's. Even if you went from the bottom you wouldn't ahve to get the car very high at all (unlike LT's where you avhe to angle the headers vertically to get them in, then rotate them around).
Old 12-24-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

lt's are a PITA with a near stock car. once everything thats unneeded is removed, they are a piece of cake to install and remove
Old 01-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WS6RAGE
I see you pretty much have the same set up im looking for...Question: did that 80mm throttle body work good? i mean was it worth? So all i need to complete mine is that ls6 intake and maybe the 78-90mm throttle body if its worth it-almost forgot the 3.42 gears are still on the list. Let me know thanks

p.s How hard was it to port that throttle body i rather do it that way then buy one, did you get a kit or something?
iveread several articles and found that the new intake from f.a.s.t. is the best out there and gives more power than the ls6 intake with the 78mm throtle body.a little expensive but better especially if u r lookin to do some major upgrades later.the f.a.s.t. is good for an additional 15 horse over the ls6 intake.as far as the gears 3.73 are the best gears for automatics.these are in fact my next mods.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:18 AM
Launching!

[QUOTE=ls1powrdta]iveread several articles and found that the new intake from f.a.s.t. is the best out there and gives more power than the ls6 intake with the 78mm throtle body.a little expensive but better especially if u r lookin to do some major upgrades later.the f.a.s.t. is good for an additional 15 horse over the ls6 intake.as far as the gears 3.73 are the best gears for automatics.these are in fact my next mods.[/QUOT
I have looked into all the those after market intakes...they all run around 700+$ big difference in price for the amout of hp appose to the ls6. Its true though if im thinking of any major mod's later on down the road-but then again i can always sale the ls6 intake for what i paid for it and get a after market one