Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seats and harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats and harness

Alright well right now I have stock seats with stock belts, and I was wondering if there is anything I would need to upgrade to street seats and a 4-pt harness? Also is their any special tools to do it?

this is what i was thinkin....

Seat

and

harness

Also do you think that I would be able to do this myself? I am not much of a wrencher but I think I could figure it out. What do you guys think?
Any comments or suggestions would be welcome!! Thanks
Old 12-28-2004, 07:55 PM
10 Second Club

It's an easy task, you will need a Torx bit for the belts though. Just make sure that they sell sliders for the seats that bolt into F-bodies or you will probrably have to do a good amount of fabricating. If you havn't already check out Corbeau, they have sliders for their seats that bolt right into our cars. Harness looks alright but I'm not exacly sure how it mounts. My concern would be having the shoulder straps mounted down on the floor. I have been told many times having them mounted like that can casue some serious back injury in a wreck because you get compressed(they should be mounted to a cross bar). I'm not even sure if it's NHRA/IHRA legal if it matter to you.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Alright thanks, i just thought they looked nice, and yeah i was watching a show on compression injuries. I am having second doubts bout it but more input would be great
Old 12-28-2004, 08:05 PM
10 Second Club

If you really wanted to do it and don't use your back seat you could always get a harness bar from LGM and run a regular bolt in 5pt harness. But at that point you might as well just put in a roll bar and call it a day. Here's what the harness bar looks like.

Old 12-28-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Here is another link to it.http://www.lmperformance.com/600/1.html