Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SRM
There's a lot that can contribute to interior noise. As someone said, tires, depending on brand and width. Also, if you have a M6 with any type of short stick or aftermarket shifter, you get more tranny noise. Obviously exhaust will be a factor as well.

Personally I got sick of it. I put back on a stock exhaust, removed the short stick, and it's a very nice ride now. Very quiet inside. I'm getting old, and this car is my daily driver.
F-bods were meant to sound like race cars, not pace cars.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:59 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

I love my noisy, creaking car. I dont even use the radio anymore, I rather hear the music of my exhaust! its personallity!
Old 01-12-2005, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black_ws6
They're all like that. It's not like you are buying a lexus.
sometimes i get an obnoxious whistling noise that comes out of the small round vent on pass. side.

just do what i do, crank your radio up.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
sometimes i get an obnoxious whistling noise that comes out of the small round vent on pass. side.

just do what i do, crank your radio up.

ewwwwww just you mentioning that makes me want to throw a wrench at my dash....i know exactly what you're talking about
Old 01-14-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stock my car was REALLY quiet. Even being a 98 it didn't have many rattles at all. Even after the cam, LTs, ORY, and magnaflow I can still easily carry on conversation without raising my voice. I think the volume of sound is just right.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

After selling the camaro and into my trans am, it was a world of difference. Maybe just being 5 years newer helped? i dunno, but i though it was overall pretty quiet. i still here a couple of small noises, but no where near as bad as my previous car. 6 speed cars also tend to make a bit more noise than the autos. If all else fails, just crank up the mullet rock
Old 01-21-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DubyaSsixTA
After selling the camaro and into my trans am, it was a world of difference. Maybe just being 5 years newer helped? i dunno, but i though it was overall pretty quiet. i still here a couple of small noises, but no where near as bad as my previous car. 6 speed cars also tend to make a bit more noise than the autos. If all else fails, just crank up the mullet rock
me, you and taylor should refer to ourselves as the 3 mulleteers
Old 01-22-2005, 04:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

You know, now that I think about it, you probably do have some sort of problem. We all like to laugh and poke fun at how creaky/noisy our cars are, but I've never had a guest in my car that mentioned it being annoying. If you're having to raise your voice at all to carry on a regular conversation, then I'd say you actually do have something that needs tending to. Even with my old flowmaster's humming, the car was still decent inside. Not Lexus of course, but not hurrican Frances either. I'd suggest you find somebody with another F-body and take him/her for a ride and see what they think.